In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Nikon M-223

flyingcolumnflyingcolumn Member Posts: 374 ✭✭
Has anyone used one of these? If you have did you like it? I'm thinking about one for a .22-250 Ruger. TIA for the information.

Comments

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    They are out of the scope business so if it breaks you are on your own.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I have two of them.....they have been on various rifles from .22 to .308.  They have stood up well so far...
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
  • Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Leupold!
    Yep. 
    Ask Bpost about his luck with Nikons...

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    They are utter absolute JUNK, no service is available, no repairs either. Run like hell and don't look back.  Vortex has proven itself to me.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone used one of these? If you have did you like it? I'm thinking about one for a .22-250 Ruger. TIA for the information.
    I have a couple, they work fine.  Bought a "refurbished" from Natchez that wasn't, sent it back (free ship) and got a replacement.  Don't know that I'd take a shot at $300.00 but for the about $125.00 I'm OK.
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought a couple of Nikon scopes around 10-15 years ago.  I was well satisfied.  That was then, this is now.  I think dfletcher has the right idea, if cheap enough, take the gamble.  If the price starts getting out of the El Cheapo range go with someone still in business that will back/repair their product.
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    dreher said:
    I bought a couple of Nikon scopes around 10-15 years ago.  I was well satisfied.  That was then, this is now.  I think dfletcher has the right idea, if cheap enough, take the gamble.  If the price starts getting out of the El Cheapo range go with someone still in business that will back/repair their product.
    I also have several Nikon Monarchs from about that time period. Never have had any problems with them. Better glass for the money back then than Leupold by far. With them getting out of the scope business and reading of bposts problems I don't think I would take a chance on a new one. Hope my Monarchs never have a problem because I sure have my doubts about that "lifetime" warranty. Bob
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭

Out of the scope business? That sucks. The Monarch series are good. U gave a 50mm 10X on one AR and a 42mm on another. I like their light gathering,

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭✭
    I have one of those that I bought because I thought it was a good deal. Still haven't put it on anything and tried it out though. But just from looking through it..........glass is clear, reticle is clear.........just don't know if it will hold up yet.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I've had 3 Nikons replaced/repaired in 2020.  Even one bought with obvious damage on another auction site.  Service was good and turn around was quick. Buy em and stock em deep in case one fails.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    Three of the six Nikon scopes I bought busted.  They were sent back on my dime the last one was not fixed or replaced.  I got a voucher for other Nikon products at list price from their web site.  I got a range finder that I did not need since all the scopes were gone and will not be available again.