In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wonder what would happen if .....

chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
A firearm sale was made via PayPal and either the buyer or seller had a serious problem with the transaction and the only recourse for full or any compensation would be to file a dispute through PayPal.  Would both be guilty of violating their standards?  

Comments

• bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

I think paypal is anti-gun, sooooo....

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, what little standards they have. If you get my drift.

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    Seeing PP more often now here on GB. Both guns and ammo.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited October 2020
    I recall this happening a few years back when CaptFun was running the show. Both parties had their accounts suspended; the seller having a lot of money in his account, the buyer hardly any. I believe that the seller cried to GB, but that was useless since Gun Broker has no control over how payment arrangements are made. There is also a PayPal link in the GB auctions which explains the limitations on the use of PayPal. I remain unsure of how it was resolved because if memory serves, the seller became obnoxious enough that CaptFun sent him to The Island of Misfit Members, which was then in the development stages: I doubt that they even had running water back then!

• chmechme Member Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  PP has made known their anti-gun policies.  If they do what they have stated they would do, why would you be surprised???  Myself?  No hava PP account.  I will not contribute financially to someone else's asshattery.  
    I recall this happening a few years back when CaptFun was running the show. Both parties had their accounts suspended; the seller having a lot of money in his account, the buyer hardly any. I believe that the seller cried to GB, but that was useless since Gun Broker has no control over how payment arrangements are made. There is also a PayPal link in the GB auctions which explains the limitations on the use of PayPal. I remain unsure of how it was resolved because if memory serves, the seller became obnoxious enough that CaptFun sent him to The Island of Misfit Members, which was then in the development stages: I doubt that they even had running water back then!

Maybe Nunn will read this post and shed more light on it. Remember him mentioning accounts locked or frozen.
    Turn the clock back as early as a year ago, never seen PP as a payment method on GB, now its becoming far more commonplace. Even a shameless plug or two on the forums.
    Seeing guns now on GB with PP only. 
    Maybe PP has changed its tune, but seems we would have heard about it. 
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't claim to be the sharpest knife in the drawer but using PP for any type of firearms purchase would seem to be flirting with disaster!!  I'm sure if everything went right and never brought to PP attention, it would not be a problem but I can't figure out who would be screwed the worst if there were problems.  The buyer or the seller.   
  • iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    chme said:
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.    
    That is one of my favorite "quotes" EVER........................If I knew how to do it, I would give you a promote for that.
    iceracerx said:
    PP seems pretty clear on their policy.  Their business model seems to have a few faults.
    https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/What-is-PayPal’s-policy-on-transactions-that-involve-firearms-FAQ585

Thought so, rekon if you have a problem with a seller as a buyer or a buyer with a seller it is best to take it up with PP rather than GB
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    Just bid on something today. Looked at his "terms"
    He said "requests payment via PayPal "FRIENDS AND FAMILY"" almost didn't bid
    I went ahead and bid because he also said he would accept a U.S. Postal Money Order.
    I don' have a PP account. Read their terms of service when they first started.
    Do not agree with their terms.
    Will not let them have access to any bank account.