In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sold One of my AR-15's

armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
I'm getting to the point in my life where I should start to down size. One of my brothers former work friends asked me at golf a few weeks ago if I was willing to part with an AR-15. I told him I'd listen to offers. Trouble is most of mine are left handed. I had two righty models one a Vietnam era type AR and the other was an Armalite I think in 6.8. He wasn't all that excited with the 6.8 because of the ammo. I told him not to fret as I could through in 300 rounds. I told him he wasn't about to go through that much anyway and you can't buy 5.56 ammo anywhere. Well he decided to buy the Vietnam clone for $850 with 4 mags and 280 rounds of ammo.  And the painted stocks were purchased by me from Springfield Armory back in 1989  

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    You did him a solid.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    Back in the panic buying days of the mid 1990's I sold my electrolysis Nickel Colt AR 15 SP1 for $2,300.  It was one of 500 made.  I was happy to take the money and still am.  It had about 5,000 or so rounds through it but the buyer and seller was happy.  I paid $412.00 for it in the mid 1980's.
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    I really like the old school camo on the stock.........you did him a favor. Did you sell the scope with it?
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    jimdeere said:
    You did him a solid.
    Yep in today's prices, that's a decent deal. I still want one of those "Vietnam" looking guns. 
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    Wow, he got a real fair deal.  Good on you Armilite

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

ARs are getting in stock around here and prices are down. It’s the ammo rush at and maybe past it’s peek. See what happens after the 3rd.

• armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    mohawk600 said:
    I really like the old school camo on the stock.........you did him a favor. Did you sell the scope with it?
    Yes, the scope was included a Bushnell 1x32 M&P red/green dot. I was surprised at the time I bought 2 sets of those stocks from Springfield Armory. Springfield Armory back in the day had little to do with AR-15's and I still have the receipt from them.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭

ARs are getting in stock around here and prices are down. It’s the ammo rush at and maybe past it’s peek. See what happens after the 3rd.

I have to some what disagree on the AR-15 prices. Ruger AR 556's that were selling for $499 less then a year ago are selling for $899 now. Maybe some of the kits are coming down in price but I don't see any complete gun prices doing so. And there aren't a whole lot of guns out there for sale in gun shops.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    The last time AR's got to crazy prices, I sold some $400 AR's for $1000 and threw in a couple of 30 round mags.  I haven't sold any guns for years but that may change if things go nuts again.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    armilite said:

I have to some what disagree on the AR-15 prices. Ruger AR 556's that were selling for $499 less then a year ago are selling for $899 now. Maybe some of the kits are coming down in price but I don't see any complete gun prices doing so. And there aren't a whole lot of guns out there for sale in gun shops.
    Well, everyone has an exception so here's another one:

That's only two from one source.
    Best.

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Mobuck said:
    The last time AR's got to crazy prices, I sold some $400 AR's for $1000 and threw in a couple of 30 round mags.  I haven't sold any guns for years but that may change if things go nuts again.
    Things might go nutz if Biden is elected............he wants to put AR15s under the NFA..........requiring registration and tax stamp.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    At which time, all my numbered AR's will be lost in that unfortunate "boating accident" and the "goat's guns" will come out.
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Mobuck said:
    At which time, all my numbered AR's will be lost in that unfortunate "boating accident" and the "goat's guns" will come out.
    is a "goat gun" one of the really bbaaaaahhhhhddd ones???
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

GREATEST OF ALL TIME:  MODELS 

What are GoatGuns?

They are Authentic die cast metal miniature models.  These hefty little suckers weigh between 8 to 16 ounces. They range from 4" to 15" in length.

Often called the Manly toy, each model has intricate, working parts. They are 1:3 scale sized and most parts snap together. They make the perfect desk display.