In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I can absolutely see our dog doing this

Comments

• Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭✭
    My Border Collies will look wistfully at the food on the table but wont bother any food on the table even if we leave the room!!

If any thing gets dropped on the floor, get out of the way.  They have decided anything on the floor is theirs and act accordingly!!
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
    Back when Jimmy worked here he was talking on the phone and had a huge burger in his left hand.....waving it around and talking.   One swirl of his had came back without the burger.    My golden saw the opportunity and just swallowed it whole.   It was like seeing a magic show.    He never had taken food like that before and it happened so quickly it was hard to believe.    I miss my Jack.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Wife's Pup won't eat until he is told to. he is too small to take a burger whole but he might be able to go for a slider!

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    It’s funny, my Aussie has to carefully smell anything handed to him. If you give him six treats, he smells each one. The Golden Retriever, however, will gulp down anything. 
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Buddy is usually exceptionally good about not bothering my food. He has however robbed me about twice. Bites of minute steak left on a plate on the living room coffee table, if I remember correctly.

He knew he had done wrong. (Picture Nanuq907's "is this a Seal, or a Pit Bull" thread.)

If I even wag my finger at him, he goes in to that mode.

Too funny to get mad at him.

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭
    Years ago I was over at a buddies house for a BBQ and his lab slurped a burger off one of the guest's plate.  Next thing he knew poor Gauge had the shock collar on and was being 'reminded' not to get too close to folk's plates.   About two hours later I looked over as the dog walked along the fence twitching like a spaz.  My buddie's 3 year old daughter had gotten ahold of the remote and was randomly pushing buttons and watching the lights flash.  That poor dog!  
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
     Former friend had a Doberman that tipped the scales at 100#+. Dude claimed I'd never discipline Ox the way I did my dog. "He'd eat yer face".
     One day they were over and I had had burgers on the grill. We were sitting there eating when Ox grabbed my cheese burger right out of my hand. Without even thinking about it I quick as a flash grabbed the hide on the side of his neck and gave a firm shake with a stern NO. That cheese burger hit the deck about a nanosecond ahead of Ox. Every inch from rump to chin was down and his eyes rolled up lookin' to me for further instructions. Delbereeny looked like someone had shoved a porkypine up his butt.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
    jimdeere said:
    It’s funny, my Aussie has to carefully smell anything handed to him. If you give him six treats, he smells each one. The Golden Retriever, however, will gulp down anything. 
    Our St Bernard does that.    Its so silly too......the others are going BONKERS trying to get you to give them whatever you are holding and you have to look like you will kill them if they grab it while you hold whatever it is in front of her to smell it and then gobble it up.     We had Chinese for lunch here and Shelby didn't finish her sesame chicken.....so all the dogs got a bite.   Two breathed in their bites while Bonnie stood there sniffing hers.   This pic is about 3 years old now.   Shes a wooly beast these days.   We have her trimmed up for summer.   I fear this will be our last year with her how she is getting around now.  

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    Wife and I were invited to NEW neighbors house for supper few years ago. Women and kids were in front living room talking/chatting and neighbors husband not home yet so I was outside walking around killing time and when I came in back door to get drink of water a 2 year old big hound (that I had given them) was up on the counter top chewing on couple of thawed out chickens in the sink that had not been cut up yet. Fried chicken for supper, I surmised.  He was really licking his lips and would look at me then back to chewing. I pulled him down gently and pushed him out the back door. The chickens just had teeth holes in them, looked kinda like they had been shot with buckshot. Hound had not torn the skin or meat yet, just bite marks. I did not tell anyone and I went outside and set on the front porch petting the hound. He wanted to get up in my lap. Women called us about hour later that supper was ready.
    I piled a bunch of other stuff on my plate and got a chicken leg and later got it in my pocket and hidden. I could hardly keep from laughing as I watched all the rest enjoy the fried chicken. Kinda wished I had not seen that big hound chewing on that chicken, it sure looked good fried but I could not enjoy.
    While on the way home I asked my wife if she enjoyed the fried chicken. Did not tell her until couple weeks later what I seen.
    Them neighbors were city dudes from Buffalo, New York and had made the hound a inside house dog.
    Them were city people had bad rashes from scratching.  When I told them they had chiggers they had never heard of such and wanted to know what chiggers looked like. They guy wanted to know how to treat them chigger bites around his ankles and in the groin area. He said his testicles were raw from scratching. I told him to take a strong lysol bath in hot water to get rid of the chiggers and he would stop scratching afterwards. I was not ever invited back for another friendly supper. I enjoyed giving New Yorkers Okie/Arkie advise.
    Apparently no chiggers reside in buffalo, New York area.

The more people I meet the more I like my dogs.

• Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    LOML decided #2 son needed a dog when he was about 8 so we went Aussie shopping.  She kept handing him the three-color pups but a mostly black female crawled in his lap and the hunt was over.

Reese (because she looked like she had peanut butter smears on her face and feet) could catch any food tossed at her.  If it got close to her it vanished -- never seen a dog as quick.

Except the time we got a "Little Ceaser's" pizza. She was watching for her treat as I opened the box so I tossed her the pepper they used to put in the box.

It arced through the air and was intercepted but continued on it's path to hit the floor. 

Reese then gave me that look -- "That wasn't a nice thing to do to doggie" -- that dogs have mastered.

Mom had a Cairn Terrier when I was in High School that kept eating the cat's dry cat food, so Mom decided to try mixing the cat food and her dry dog food.

Mom gave up and just fed her cat food.