In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NY compliant

FDalyFDaly Member Posts: 1
I live in Suffolk County,NY, can i purchase a gun out of state that is not NY compliant and have it shipped to a FFL that can make it NY compliant legally?

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    I'm not fully familiar with NY state regulations, but generally speaking any firearm which is not complaint in a specific state; California for instance, must be made complainant before being shipped. For example, a non complaint AR type rifle must have the complaint parts installed in the state of origin. The easiest course of action to to contact a NY dealer and ask. 
  • Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    First...what type of firearm and what is it that makes it non-compliant? Asking a local GUNSMITH / FFL if they have ever done whatever the modification is , and or if they could check with the local governing authority if it can be done as asked.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, NYS requires that imports into the state must pass a "drop test".
    Neal