In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 1100 20ga Skeet Standard Weight Value

Austringer62Austringer62 Member Posts: 34
Hello,
I am thinking about selling my Remington 1100 20ga.  It is the standard weight version, meaning it was build on the 12ga frame, has a serial# that ends in "X."  It is choked for skeet, but does not have "Skeet" stamped on the receiver.  I am the original owner, it was purchased in 1975.  It is in very good shape, both externally and internally.
I plan on entering it at a penny, with no reserve.  I know  there's always a risk, but how much would you expect it to sell for? 
This was my first shotgun, a gift for my 13th birthday, and I'm somewhat reluctant to part with it.   
 Thank You.

Comments

• dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭✭
    I would give anything to have my first shotgun.
  • Austringer62Austringer62 Member Posts: 34
    I do think about that, but the truth is I just don't use it, and neither does anybody else in the family.  It's a shame to have it just sit in the safe.  We are hunters, not sport shooters, and haven't shot lead in a very long time.  If I could get enough to replace it with a steel compatible shotgun I think it would be a win-win.  

From what I have seen on several websites, skeet shooters like this gun due to the very light recoil, among other things.
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Lok up that model on the auction side for completed auctions........see what they sold for.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    I looked up past auctions, they had skeet marked on receiver -but maybe the old heavy's didn't. Range, 550-700 retail, imo, only.
  • Austringer62Austringer62 Member Posts: 34
    Thank you, I actually found one on auction righ now.  It's at $555.00 with 3 days to go.  Mine is in a litte bit better shape, but the one on auction now has nicer wood.  That price range would work for me, I could replace it with a gun more suited for my purposes.  
    Thank you for your replies,
    Marc