In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Captain Fun

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
...anyone see or hear from him?.....

Comments

• Options
    ...I talkede to one person he was friends with....
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

He is on here late nightS sometimes .

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******
    Not in person.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭
    He still posts on here every once in a while.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    I think that one mean moderator may have scared him off.............
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    His last visit to the forums was 14 October. 
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    Who the h-e- double toothpicks is....
    (never mind)
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,229 ✭✭✭✭
    He once was the King and the Boss.   Today,   Gone With the Wind.
    He went to Ga. Tech.
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭
    jimdeere said:
    Who the h-e- double toothpicks is....
    (never mind)
    He's the man who I once thought was far too harsh in administering the forums. As it turns out, he was 100% right and I was totally wrong. Only the harshest measures stand any chance of working. Even then, some members are completely immune to criticism, and are totally incapable of following any rules or instructions. 

Ban them all and let God sort them out. words to live by for any GB forum admin!
    Is it lonely at the top? Bob
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited October 2020
    When I was asked to join CaptFun and Nunn as an admin, my focus was on solving email and password problems, as well as  log on issues. This was the sort of stuff I enjoyed: it made me feel useful knowing that I got a members forum issue solved, and when they'd post their thanks for my efforts, it all seemed worthwhile. With the new forum, all of those functions have been taken out of my hands and are dealt with by GBHQ. This leaves me mostly handling disciplinary issues, which is something I never wanted to do. 

Even so, I won't quit! We've had a lot of moderators who simply had enough and asked to be relieved of their duties. Admins are in for the long haul, so I'm not going anywhere. 
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭

They don't come any better than CaptFun.

Hey! Paul! Hope all is well with you and the family!

What's next?
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you admins and mods get paid anything or is it simply your dedication to the site that keeps you going?
  • Options
    This is my favorite gun discussion forum...........it has changed a lot since I joined in 2003, but it is still the best.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    There is no compensation for the moderators.

There are two classes of administrators. These are the ones who get paid:

Nunn and I receive nothing.

• Options
    Well.............mark c., you and nunn do a great job here.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    mohawk600 said:
    Well.............mark c., you and nunn do a great job here.
    Thank you. Speaking for Nunn, it is comments like yours that makes it all worth it. 
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    WHAT???
    Moderators don't get paid?
    What am I supposed to do with all those checks that I have been saving for retirement?

Oh....wait, those are my personal checks that I am going to use to buy things during my retirement......my bad.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Well they always say find something you like to do for work and its like not working, I guess in reverse if you are doing something and not getting paid you must like it :)
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
     all the volunteer work you and Nunn do with the online handicapped, you should at least write it off on your taxes...........
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    mohawk600 said:
    Do you admins and mods get paid anything or is it simply your dedication to the site that keeps you going?

During my time as a moderator I enjoyed and saved all the compensation I received from GB Holdings, Inc. o:)
  • Options
    KIMI I'm doing just fine...lost a lot of old oak trees from Hurricane Salley....trying to recover...
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear that you are doing just fine and only lost some oak trees, Paul.  As bad as that storm was you all did great!   Back when Rita went up the LA-TX border area my sister lost a lot of large pine trees, many of them twisted off and lots of them uprooted.  A monster size  oak behind the house had limbs torn away.  One oak tree crashed over her roof and a pine took off a bit of a corner.  Good luck on the recovery my friend!
    What's next?