In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Russian Makarov magazine for .380 caliber

ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
Does anyone know what the difference is between the magazine for the Makarov in 9x18 vs .380?   Most, if not all, the mag's on the auction seem to be for the 9x18 one.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    In my experience they are the same. I've had both Russian commercial Makarov's, in .380 and the original 9 mm Makarov. Both cartridges worked in the magazines. I didn't bother measure the mags with a dial caliper, as there was no problem using the magazines interchangebly. 
  • Options
    ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply, I did contact one seller of the mag's on GB about this a they said the 9x18 mag's did not work for the .380 guns.   Need another mag for my gun but of course want one that will work.
  • Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

From what I am reading, the Makarov magazines will accept either cartridge and function properly.

I have a couple 9x18 mags, if you need any measurements just let me know. These diagrams may also help.

Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭
    I have one in front of me with both barrels  9x19-380 and springs. The mags interchange with no alterations.