In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Biden Begins The Gun-Grab Soon!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
  Look like curtains for Gun dealers on the Internet!
                      serf

Biden also supports legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits and gun parts.Biden has promised to seek another ban on the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Owners would have to register existing assault weapons with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. He also supports a program to purchase assault weapons. Biden supports legislation restricting the number of firearms an individual may purchase per month to one and would require background checks for all guns sales with limited exceptions, such as gifts between family members.

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    As they say, the writing is on the wall.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    The Senate isn't determined yet. Any executive order will have to clear the Supreme Court when contested should they want to try it. If it is anything to do with high capacity mags the 9th Circuit court has ruled on that. If the dems want to try and overturn that it will end up in the Supreme court. A lot of speculation to scare the public . Notice how many non shootings or massacres anywhere during the pandemic.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    The Senate isn't determined yet. Any executive order will have to clear the Supreme Court when contested should they want to try it. If it is anything to do with high capacity mags the 9th Circuit court has ruled on that. If the dems want to try and overturn that it will end up in the Supreme court. A lot of speculation to scare the public . Notice how many non shootings or massacres anywhere during the pandemic.
      There is to be a two Federal Senator races that will have a run -off in Georgia on January 5th 2021 and if The Democrats can win them then both that's all she wrote and semi auto's will be banned!
          I think they know already you must go for the semi-auto rifles and maybe most pistols instead of just assault rifles with all the requirements attached to them. The Democrats will follow The E.U. type ban to bring in line all United Nation States to the same NWO standard, I would bet on it!
                                                        serf

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, if it keep us safe or saves just one life.
    edited November 2020
    Well, if it keep us safe or saves just one life.
      Tell it to The Jews in Nazi Germany.Oh wait they were herded up and put to death in camps already. Of course they (The government) could never let that happen again.right? After all Even Red China has a constitution rights protecting individual liberties. We should trust they will abide by the rules without  changing the rules like a filibusterer clause in the senate? The devil is always in the details. Lawyers can tell you that is true once your are found guilty that is. But by then you will be unarmed & will know your had.
                                         serf
                    Politically power is found in a barrel of a gun (Mao Tse Tung)

"facetious" Look it up. Come on man.
    "facetious" Look it up. Come on man.
    https://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/mao/works/red-book/ch05.htm

Every Communist must grasp the truth; "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

"Problems of War and Strategy" (November 6, 1938), Selected Works, Vol. II, p. 224.

The seizure of power by armed force, the settlement of the issue by war, is the central task and the highest form of revolution. This Marxist-Leninist principle of revolution holds well universally, for China and for all other countries.

Ibid. p. 219.

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    The Senate is a big question, S-F.

With Murkowski, Romney, and Collins, the Democrats have a working majority to overturn much of what has been accomplished in the past 4 years.

With Romney, they have a potential swing vote on some firearm restriction legislation.  It would probably not be too difficult to find a few others provide, of course, it was common-sense gun control legislation.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Pete CheolisPete Cheolis Member Posts: 1
    Hello all, I'm new to Gun Broker Forum.  Fantastic information here.  I've heard a website called The law of Self Defense.  Does anyone know about it?   One more question, I'm looking at getting a Smith and Wesson R8 revolver.  Anyone familiar with this revolver?? Thanks! Glad to be apart of Gun Broker.
    The Senate is a big question, S-F.

With Murkowski, Romney, and Collins, the Democrats have a working majority to overturn much of what has been accomplished in the past 4 years.

With Romney, they have a potential swing vote on some firearm restriction legislation.  It would probably not be too difficult to find a few others provide, of course, it was common-sense gun control legislation.
      When the avalanche starts look for a cashless society to be first in line. Common-sense, wasn't that a pamphlet that was put out during the revolutionary war?
                                 serf
    Many have noted that Paine's skills were chiefly in persuasion and propaganda and that no matter the content of his ideas, the fervor of his conviction and the various tools he employed on his readers (such as asserting his Christianity when he really was a Deist,which is Rejection of all books, including the Bible, that are claimed to contain divine revelation.
    Hey Bro, why not just send me all your cash now and be done with it.
    edited November 2020
    Hey Bro, why not just send me all your cash now and be done with it.
            Maybe you can sell all your firearms instead and get your Federal reserve cash before Biden gives you a lousy offer for them and be done with it yourself Bro.
                                                  serf

Selling as fast as I can. And I will take CASH.

Not selling.

Not selling out.

I will become a criminal were this garbage come to pass.

Don't have all that many years left, and there needs to be citizens without baggage willing to stand up for the liberty of our grandchildren.

Have no plans to shoot anyone, but if these things come to pass, and sufficient numbers of us do not sell and do not sell out, we will force the courts to finally address what is meant by the 2nd Amendment.

I implore all of you, particularly those of you who are 60+ years old, to stand up to this.

Brad Steele
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin

What Don said. STAND UP!!!!

I will be standing.

Manchin will vote with the Democrats if his vote matters. Look at his history with the ACA.

Brad Steele

Did you read the article you posted?

Manchin has already voted for Federal universal background checks. He has apparently voted to stop the resale of existing full auto and select fire weapons. He has demonstrated a fundamental lack of understanding of the 2nd Amendment and has deliberately downplayed the threat to it the Biden team represents. He will follow Schumer if push comes to shove.

Brad Steele

You post a link to a piece that describes what a lying piece of limp noodle politics is Manchin to suggest we can rely upon him?

Brad Steele
    edited November 2020

You or I will not change the Senate when the vote comes. My money is on they may close the loophole or possibly make registration but taking them away... good luck

edited November 2020

I am waiting on the old here we go again thread... Well the 1934 ,,68 gun control.. well the clinton ban.. well the ... bumpy stocks...

Will you accept Federally mandated universal background checks?

Will you go along with registration?

I do not see a difference between one who accepts and acquiesces to those who would impose.

This also extends to any FFL holder who opens his or her bound book to anyone who would use it to track down a buyer for the purposes of enforcing registration.

What FFL holder here will destroy their bound book?

The threat of registration of semi-auto rifles is very real. Some of us will potentially sacrifice $ 10s of thousands of dollars in firearms resisting registration. Will FFL holder share in that sacrifice, or will they sell out the 2nd Amendment and their customers, becoming part of the problem?

Brad Steele
  • Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

It's not like they would go against the Constitution..you know like cheating the election or anything.. they would never do anything like that..

You or I have little say since the election is over. Now if they pass some sort of new background wait or close the gun show loophole, one either does it or risk losing all firearms if they get caught breaking the law. SC has no wait if you have a CWP.

• US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭

I have been "doing" guns for most of my life. I frequently hear the term "gun show loophole". Anyone on here want to take a stab at defining that phrase for me?

edited November 2020

USMG:

Obviously the loophole is the leftist term used to describe the fact that the Federal Government has not yet instituted mandatory background checks for all firearm transfers. Specifically, the phrase 'gunshow loophole' is used to discredit our Anti-Federalist roots whereby the individual states retain some power of self-governance, and the individual citizen retains some semblance of liberty.

There is no loophole. There is only Constitutional limitation upon the Federal Government that many on the left and their useful idiots in the gun rights community seem accepting of being legislated away.

Brad Steele

Translation... Govt wants all firearms to go thru FFL's with background checks. The govt wants no face to face transactions between individuals unless a FFL gets involved.

When Colorado got caliFORNICATed they closed the "supposed" loophole here.

Now ALL firearm transactions MUST go through an FFL.

NO private, person to person sales.

That is when I quit giving away 22 rifles to/for kids to learn on.

Biden has stated what he wants to do with firearms,

Time will tell if he gets away with it.

The "past" republicans did.

When Dillon Roof shot up the church in Charleston he purchased an AR15 at Shooters Choice in Columbia. Walked right in and they ran a background check..no CWP and he walked out with the gun. However the county I live in did not add the criminal record he had committed. So when SLED. South Carolina Law Enforcement Division ran his background nothing came up. Or the NICS. Clerical record .

Roof did not walk out with the rifle that day. His arrest showed up, and the transfer was delayed. After the 3 Day wait period, the was no reported finding of a conviction, so the firearm was released. Roof had confessed to the possession of an illegal substance. In SC simple possession of most substances would be a misdemeanor, and not likely disqualifying.

If that was the case, the system worked like it was designed.

Brad Steele
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭

They can't get people to wear a mask or not serve people in restaurants. I see no practical way to enforce these laws. I say good luck trying to make it stick.