In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

McDonald’s to Test Nothing Burger

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
 Why do people hang on to primitive meat eating that causes global warming and climate change. Get on board with plant base protein and save the planet! B)
                                    serf
                   McDonald's will test a meat-free burger in several markets next year as it adds plant-based menu offerings, which it has coined “McPlant.” International President Ian Borden said that McPlant was created “by McDonald's and for McDonald's.” Borden said that the McPlant line could also include chicken substitutes.                           

Comments

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    because soy contains estragen type compounds  eat that stuff and ya grow boobies and have special feelings
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    mac10 said:
    because soy contains estragen type compounds  eat that stuff and ya grow boobies and have special feelings
      How right you are.They must destroy Testosterone from building up in men however it is just a added benefit. Methane produce by farm fed animals is causing climate change. The concept of supporting an American way of life world-wide is fantasy.
      The USA population must conform to the new standard for all middle class people world -wide. 10 billion people cannot be supported on fresh meat as a staple.
                                     serf
           https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

World population will therefore continue to grow in the 21st century, but at a much slower rate compared to the recent past. World population has doubled (100% increase) in 40 years from 1959 (3 billion) to 1999 (6 billion). It is now estimated that it will take another nearly 40 years to increase by another 50% to become 9 billion by 2037.

The latest world population projections indicate that world population will reach 10 billion persons in the year 2057.

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of evidence that climate change is a hoax and used just as a means of populace control.  

When creepy joe gets in it will be US policy and laws may be passed to to punish those of us who feel its fake.

Climate change denier could get you canceled.

RLTW

• Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    Sam06 said:
    Oh no!  I hope I'm not canceled!  How would I survive having a whole bunch of people I don't know refusing to  "like" what I put online?    /sarc
    For the love of Pete, people have GOT to get off social media.  It's a cancer on society.  Someone doesn't like what I have to say?  I invite them to walk up and disagree to my face.  I'll respect them for it.
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Nanuq907 said:
    Sam06 said:
    Oh no!  I hope I'm not canceled!  How would I survive having a whole bunch of people I don't know refusing to  "like" what I put online?    /sarc
    For the love of Pete, people have GOT to get off social media.  It's a cancer on society.  Someone doesn't like what I have to say?  I invite them to walk up and disagree to my face.  I'll respect them for it.
    Bet they will be a lot more polite about disagreeing with you face to face. Social media has totally destroyed any concept of manners in this country. When you can anonymously disparage someone's intelligence and character with no repercussions it is a sign of a lazy cowardly person. Of course the cancel culture has no reticence about screaming in a cops face either knowing they will face no penalty. Bob
  • Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

Burger King announced the Impossible Burger, made with the same kind of meatless patty. A large coworker friend, who isn't known to pass up a meal (cough) announced that he was going to give one a try. So he made it scientific and ordered an Impossible Burger, and as a control group for the study, also ordered a Whopper. He approached the study carefully, first having a bite of the Whopper to establish parameters, then taking a sip of soda, he bit into the Impossible Burger.

Now bear in mind this large man had nothing to gain by cheating, he was still going to down that Whopper like a shipwrecked man from a desert island. He went back to sampling, a bite here, a bite there, back and forth comparing them.

In the end, our completely scientific study WITH control group and statistical analysis gave these results: He could not tell them apart. Let me say that again... they were the same. He was dumbfounded. He said he fully expected one to be mealier or more fibrous or less juicy or something, and if it was even CLOSE he was willing to accept the concept of a meatless patty. But he reiterated ... they were the same. Delicious, greasy feeling, a big whacking mouth full of burger, chew it up and slide it down the gullet, exactly like the Whopper.

The kicker? He said "I'm never buying another Whopper. I have GOT to lose some weight!" We both had a good laugh. Now I'm watching for the boobies. Scientifically, of course.

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

And has anyone asked what’s really in this stuff?

My guess is that within a couple of years the FDA will release a huge study telling us that it was full of far too many things that are bad for us even though it taste good. It will be found to have caused cancer in mice. Artificial, artificial, artificial...

Best.

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

I took the granddaughter to McDs for a burger and I tried the 1/4 pounder again since it's been a while and if that's meat then I don't want the meat free version, not a chance. There is a Freddie's across the street that I like pretty well.

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

I actually have no problem with this within certain limits. If these are a substitute for people who wish to be vegans, or those that for some reason can't eat meat then I am o.k. with it. If it is a way to eliminate cattle raised for human consumption then they can kiss my lily white butt. We had 10s of millions of buffalo roaming the country at one time and I don't think they had much effect on global warming/cooling, climate change or whatever the current terminology is. Take my word for it, buffalo do fart. In fact with the demise of buffalo the temperature supposedly started to rise. I realize that proves nothing as far as cause and effect but plants aren't the only thing that sequesters carbon. 🤔 Bob

One little detail left out. It's going to be the perfect black swan storm. Be glad you have lived the good life and now are old. Too many factors coming together to feel comfortable.How many Hurricanes have we had this year?

serf

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/oct/27/sleeping-giant-arctic-methane-deposits-starting-to-release-scientists-find

With the Arctic temperature now rising more than twice as fast as the global average, the question of when – or even whether – they will be released into the atmosphere has been a matter of considerable uncertainty in climate computer models.

The 60-member team on the Akademik Keldysh believe they are the first to observationally confirm the methane release is already under way across a wide area of the slope about 600km offshore.

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

"The USA population must conform to the new standard for all middle class people world -wide. 10 billion people cannot be supported on fresh meat as a staple."

In which case I'm right on track and in front of the curve by growing only soybeans and no livestock.

Coming to your favorite grocery store too! Watch beef prices jump soon or Biden taxes it!

serf

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/16/beyond-meat-to-launch-two-new-versions-of-its-meatless-burger.html

Beyond said that one of the patties is its juiciest yet but has 35% less saturated fat than a burger made from a blend of beef that is 80% lean meat and 20% fat. The other burger is meant to appeal more to a health-minded consumer, with 55% less saturated fat than a typical beef burger. Beyond said that the two burgers will have B vitamins and minerals, similar to beef.

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

“...they taste the same...”

The miracles of modern chemistry.