In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Burial Tubes for Firearms?

bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

I did a search on GB and...nothing!

With all that is going on I thought there would be a plethora (I finally got to use the word) of waterproof burial devices.

Note: May also be used as survival caches. (Food, guns, money, clothes, etc) I like large PVC tubes w/screw-in caps.

This might be an opportunity for someone.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

When Dr. Mengele Northam was elected Governor of Virginia, I saw folks buying them at a gun show in Salem, Virginia.

U can make them yourself out of PVC.

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******

Yeah, I think people are just making their own, and not mentioning it either.

• JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Use'm when & if needed...........don't bury them ! ..........Did our forefaters bury theirs ?

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

our forefathers had one. Many of us today also have a spare.

• JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭

So, what you gonna do with your # 1, hand it over ?

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

since it ain't buried, I guess it'd be up for a giveaway. It's just a single shot .22 ,that's broken.

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭

If you got to bury them it's already too late. Metal detectors are great for finding them in PVC, ABS, CPVC,ABS, Sched 40 or any of that plastic. Who is going to suck all that oxygen out so they don't rust? Two biggest enemies are rust and politicians. Keep them clean and ready above ground and vote the bad politicians out. When you need them in a hurry who's got time to dig them up.----------------------Ray

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

As far as buying them goes, check out Sportmansguide.

Military surplus, screw down lids, rubber gasket etc. May be hard to find now.

• badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

Great ways to make a firearm useless.

Locked up.

Unloaded.

Buried.

Granted there are some exceptions for the first 2, but I never understood sticking a gun underground for any reason. For me, if they’re out of the safe, they’re loaded and ready.

Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

It makes no sense to me to bury the only gun a person owns for it is no longer useful. I would never advocate that.

But, I wonder what percentage of posters on here own multiple firearms?

I will not divulge exactly how many guns I own but it is more than one.

What appeals to me is the concept of multiple "survival" vaults scattered about the country. I own multiple properties and if I should need to move from one to the other, for whatever reason, it might be extremely beneficial to have a spare firearm (and other necessities) available.

If the Biden-worshippers should show up and take my "stuff", it would certainly be nice to know where I could promptly lay my hands on a re-supply...or a sniper rifle...or more ammo...or....

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Hmm, I guess looking at it that way it could serve some purpose for the right occasion/situation. To each there own, of course but I will continue to keep mine above ground. All 2 of them haha!!

I just don't think they can knock on all our doors at once and if/when it starts the news is going to travel like wildfire. If they get all my stuff in the first wave, I'll PM you for coordinates to a buried treasure 😊.

ETA the end of that response is looking kind of * on my part. I meant it jokingly and would have used green font if it was available. I’m not trying to rag on anyone who uses a tube but again, to each their own. I should go back to just lurking...

Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭

Bury the people who come after them?