In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Like in the Civil War, Donald Trump's first term failed to reach the people enough.

SoreShoulderSoreShoulder Member Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Politics
He just went right ahead and let the liberals think what they wanted about his policies and beliefs and even incited them plenty with rude talk.  

I think that's what cost him his second term.  

If he had explained his so called "Muslim ban" or not openly insulted Mexicans, people might not have come out in droves against him.  If the militia don't have the right to operate, he should ask them to stand down, not stand by.  

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November 2020
    Last time I checked, Mexicans aren’t supposed to vote. Only Americans.
    And please show me anywhere anyone in the Trump administration called it a Muslum ban.
  • strangeTamerstrangeTamer Member Posts: 9
    incited them plenty with rude talk.   
    You mean like the Democrats calling him, his family and supporters illegitimate, racist, white supremest and a host of other names for 4 years?
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

The other side started screaming Impeachment before he was even inaugurated.

"Failure in Statesmanship?" It began before Trump took Office.

Now they are preaching "Cooperation is needed moving forward." Where was that "cooperation" over the last four years.

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November 2020
    Thinking back to the Civil War, Trump trying to explain his polices to BLM, Antifa and the rest of the "progressives" would be like Lincoln explaining his policies to the Congressional delegation from South Carolina. There was no chance for success in either scenario. 
  • Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    I heard you say your wife was fat. You didn't?? Who cares if you did or not, it is still gonna be reported as the truth and a lot of people will believe it. Now ain't that a *?? That has been going on for four years so maybe we shouldn't be so critical. And as far as the civil war goes there is research stating as few as twenty five people were directly responsible for starting that bloodbath that killed 1,000,000 people when the population of the U.S. was a little over 30,000,000. They were politicians newspaper editors, religious leaders to name a few. And how in hell was President Trump supposed to "Correct the Media"?? Walk around wearing a sandwich board?? Oh by the way, it was the democraps mainly who caused that war too.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭

He stated that the Mexican Government was sending us their criminals and rapists. Probably an exaggeration, and he has pointed out many times that he did not say it about the Mexican people but the repeated lie has become truth to many.

His travel ban was for specific countries with terrorist activity and did not effect 90%+ of the world’s Muslims, but again, the repeated lie seems to have won out within the Hate Trump community.

A lack of traditional statesmanship likely cost him the election. Only because it narrowed the blinders of the willfully ignorant.

In my opinion, of course.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Trump is dispised for 2 basic reasons:

1. He is a white male and the populace has been indoctrinated that the WM is bad, bad, bad, when it was WM's that made this country.

2. He is not a politician i.e. a part of the swamp. He is an outspoken businessman. This part of the equation gives WM, president-elect Creepy a pass. (Swamp critters love swamp critters)

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

The MSM is totally corrupt. They do not report the Truth, or even a semblance of the Truth.

The left, with the help of MSM, have been fighting against Trump from the get go.

This Election and the actions behind it should be of no surprise to anyone.

• capgun1capgun1 Member Posts: 63
    Trump desperately needed a social media expert/psychologist/ sociologist to guide him. He was terrible at setting the facts straight. When he was lied about he responded with ridiculous insults and scorn, never rationally convincing people that he was unfairly attacked by presenting the truth. He did, and said, many really stupid things. Like the ignorant phone call to a foreign country asking them to investigate his presidential opponent, asking them to "do a favor" and get involved in our countries politics. That got him impeached. He said nasty, insulting things about actors, singers, authors, and minority politicians, just because they slighted him. He could have taken the high road and simply rebutted their comments with facts and come out the winner. His tweets were those of an angry out of control person, not a president. He did so many good things for the country, that it was painful to watch his personality destroy his persona. But unfortunately, Trump in 4 years could not personally rise to the position of being president, and all of his great ideas for the future have vanished. 
  • Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    You boys should start a club. You could serve milk and cookies. Oh but you will need a name. I have it; "The Know Nothings". You gotta admit it fits.
  • capgun1capgun1 Member Posts: 63
    You boys should start a club. You could serve milk and cookies. Oh but you will need a name. I have it; "The Know Nothings". You gotta admit it fits.
    I supported every one of Trump's programs. I was hoping for 4 more years of moving forward. Ignoring Trump's obvious flaws adds nothing to the conversation. He could have won. He should have won. But he defeated himself. Trump lost. And there is a reason he lost. If you can not figure out why, you would probably never understand. There is talk of Ivanka or Jared in 2024, stay tuned.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭

Don Jr. maybe....that cuck Kushner oh hell no. That dudes a weasel.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Folks hated Trump because he was filthy Rich. Common folks hate rich people. He let them know he was rich and wouldn't take a salary as President. Then the tax return fiasco... They wanted to know what he made a yr... and being secretive didn't help him at all

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

When the debt cycle reaches 35 trillion dollars with 5G firmly implanted The government will bring in the digital dollar with a semi automatic rifle confiscation then there is possibly a scenario of an uprising especially if the dollar loses value with higher negative saving rates with hyper inflation.

Savers are already losing 3% to 5% yearly on Fiat funny money called A Federal Reserve Note.

serf

• DammitboyDammitboy Member Posts: 15 ✭✭

I hated Trump because of his complete disregard for the 2nd amendment and he didn’t have any respect for the rest of the constitution either.

He has helped forever to weaken the 2nd with his ATF Executive orders that Biden will be sure to use as well.

• DammitboyDammitboy Member Posts: 15 ✭✭

It’s highly unlikely Biden won, not that it matters. We had two gun grabbing democrats running for office. No matter who won, we gun owners lose.

• mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    This was a coup.
    From the 24/7 media brainwash  "trump bad" swaying the morons to the  Censorship of conservatives to protect the traitorous biden crime family
    To the obvious vote fraud and a gift for the rats from their pals the chicoms bio warfare section.  The chinaman killed 45 million of their own for communist domination.  The 1.3 million [debatable] killed by their bio attack on the world is nothing for the murderous chicoms.  
    Gas $2   Stocks @29K  Lets see where we are in 4 years.  
    I bet not good.