In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Back to Lockdown

ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Politics

Here in Washington we go back to lockdown tomorrow morning. How’s that 15 days to flatten the curve for 9 months been working for ya. Such bs. I really feel for business owners.

Comments

• ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭

We already had some long time businesses close forever here like in many places. It’s so sad.

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭

I believe our dear governor Kate is pushing for the same thing here in Oregone starting on the 18th.

The fella I work for said she can kiss him right on his fifth point of contact.

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

We haven't even begun to feel what these complete buffoons are doing to the country. LOCKDOWN, yea, sure will stop it in it's tracks, my *. Push on, get back to work and if you want to stay home do it. The little corrupt state of Illinois has one of the biggest clown governor telling everyone "if you see something tell someone" . MASK POLICE, OK ,I see that your are an idiot and I just now told you.

• SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭

That’s what the democrats want. All that will be left is Amazon and Walmart. Easier to control you and what you can buy.

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, we voted for more of it. Just be happy with what's headed this way.

• CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭

I think it's corndog stupid Governor Pumpkinhead of Illinois places it all on "wear a mask".

What about preventive maintenance tips? Vitamin D? Ibuprofen is bad? Exercise? Reduce co-mobidities? Disenfect surfaces and workstations?

No.... It's all wear a mask and if you complain, your obviously the problem. Questioning his science means you aren't wearing the mask enough.... Yeah, this is political.

• gartmangartman Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Yep! We been on shut-down on the left coast for months, wearing masks everywhere. CA gov. Annoysome  looking for some magic statistic before letting the state re-open. Don't think he ever heard insanity is doing the same thing over and over and  expecting different results. Feels like those who are well are being punished because some fell sick.

• mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭

The Governor rats here in NY NJ want you to turn in your neighbors if they have gatherings.

Yep. They are d-rat nazi type scum.

History 101 anyone?

• bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

A lot of people promised me the Covid would quietly disappear after November 3.

WOT HOPPENED?

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭

yep and the sheeple will eagerly comply with their DEMOCRAT masters,

• US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭

November 3rd did not turn out as planned - for either party. Stay tuned for further updates/changes.

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

If the general public had any common sense and followed simple guidelines like hand washing, social distancing, mask wearing and staying home when sick, lockdowns would not be deemed necessary by the powers that be. Governor Gretchen here in Michigan has just instituted her second lockdown. This one is just a partial lockdown but I am going to go get a haircut this week just in case the stupid people cause her to make it total like last time. She is over reacting like usual because her stupid constituents won't do anything on their own to prevent catching the virus. Bob

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭

King Cuomo has had a snitch law for years now on illegal firearms or unregistered black rifles. Pick up the phone and call Supt. of NYSP. They will even pay a reward/bounty. POS---------Ray

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭

why not call anonomously and snitch on him??????? or any other politician you don't like

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

"If the general public had any common sense and followed simple guidelines like hand washing, social distancing, mask wearing and staying home when sick, lockdowns would not be deemed necessary by the powers that be."

What color was the Kool-Aide you drank? Obviously, far too many people have the opinion that all of our infrastructure will continue w/o attention as EVERYONE hides under a table somewhere. People have to be out taking care of utilities, operating the delivery services, stocking shelves in stores, and making it possible for others to lock down and cower at home. Oh, let's talk about agriculture. Does anyone really believe that agriculture can just "lock down"? I can't "tele-commute" for parts, fuel, supplies, and such. The equipment and supply businesses can't just close the doors and hide in a corner.

I work part-time for a Federal agency. Their policy of phone only/no FTF contact is an insult to the people we're trying to work with who are out every day doing what they have to do while those making the decisions are in CYA mode.

I think you misunderstood my post. What I was trying to get across is that if more people took the simple steps that I mentioned then the Government would have less of a reason to impose these stupid lockdowns. None of the things I mentioned would have much of an effect on the everyday things needed to keep the country going. I don't agree with the lockdowns and believe that they do way more harm than good. The idea is to not give the idiots that were elected to govern us a reason to impose them. If individuals took responsibility to manage this viral spread and not look to the government to always save their butt in a crisis, real or imagined, we would be better off. However since a large portion of our population is of below average intelligence, lazy or both I guess my idea becomes a moot point. Bob

Well Bob, Big pants Prikster said the virus has spread because not everyone is wearing a 25 cent chinese mask and blames it on the public, not his policies. IF PEOPLE WOULD FOLLOW ME and my "expertise" this virus would be gone. Nobody is this state government knows anything other than "wear" a mask to save a life. AND he says report people who don't or approach them and tell them. NOT A CHANCE IN HELL should ANYONE do that. The virus will run it's course no matter what.

The virus spread rapidly due to the stupidity of the people catching and transmitting it. If someone can't be bothered to wash their hands, not touch their face, has to gather in groups either partying or rioting and comes down with the virus I have very little pity for them. It was their choice. However each case gives our nanny state more ammunition to justify their ineffective and stupid restrictions. So these people who aren't smart enough to try and avoid the virus are affecting me because of creating the justification for the damn lockdowns. I have to pay the price for their stupidity by losing my freedoms and I really resent that. Bob

Well, yea Bob a lot of people are just above living like a rodent. My Frontier guy has houses he refuses to go in because of dog piles and another woman has he estimates 18 cats in the house. He said about 1/3 of the people he services are just fat slobs who live on the couch eating, drinking and are just filthy.

• tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭✭

(In Ohio at least) The government ditched that narrative about washing your hands and not touching your face early on. They put all their might behind "wear a mask, it's your duty." Commercials with eagles flying and dropping masks. Nary a mention of hand washing.

So, from here, it looks more like a power play by the governor than a serious health concern.

But I'm one of those A-holes that says "my body, my right."