In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone hear from JamesRK or MrMike?

Comments

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭

Mr Mike got banned, haven't heard from James or of anything happening to him I remember.......

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

some more MIA posters have been away for a while also as for the two

James I hope is doing OK seemed like a good fellow .

Mike well not sure what to think any more , what was real or made up but hope he doing OK any way

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

James has not even looked in here since July. Sure hope he is O.K.

• BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Okie and I met with MrMike in December of ‘17. Stopped at his range on the way back to central, NJ the day after the Army Navy game ( we won). At the time he looked rather gaunt, but was happy to share some of his pistols and time.

i guess I am concerned about both of them. James seemed to post less after his wife passed if I recall correctly.

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

I miss James, he was an excellent member and an amazing resource in explain the workings of the US Navy.

Mike has found a new home, or I should say, he has returned to The Firearms Forum- which is one a several forums started be ex-Gun Broker members who found the Captain Fun regime less than palatable and left for greener pastures.

Based on what Mike has been posting in TFF, his medical issues are, word for word...unchanged, as they have been for over a decade.

• Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭

I pm'd JamesRK on 6/12, and he was ok at that point. I will try and call him in the next few days and report back. I know he is dealing with terrible pain and mobility issues. Hope he is hanging in there still.

Mr. Mike is something I won't judge on,........regardless of what I personally think at this point. It's between he and God if he is manufacturing all of this.

"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

I did a couple or three small giveaways where the winner requested that I send the item to mrmike. After doing so, I never received confirmation of any sort. I don’t know his issues, but i hold no I’ll will towards him.

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

Does he still have his Australian Shepard?

• Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone heard from Dave 1965?

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Never saw anyone that had a major medical procedure done in the morning, and could post an exhaustive explanation of it that afternoon.

Personal experience, my last major medical procedure, I was out of it for a couple of days.

I will let you guess who I am talking about.

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭✭

Knew a fellow growing up who always managed to “top “ everything anyone else said , owned ,experienced or did .When pressed for specifics he was always vague . , but threw out just enough to make it sound plausible . Took a long time but he was finally caught out one day . Really kind of sad , he just wanted to be liked and be part of the crowd

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

I miss James for his down to Earth reflections and his Naval background which he shared willingly with the forums.

We are all grateful I'm sure for the Veteran members who sacrificed for us and now contribute to our knowledge base here on the forums.

Thank you ALL!

• AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering, too, about James 1965.

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

James is missed, Mike the jury is still out on. Another I miss is Doc. and the pics and info he shared on the guns he actually owned. Bob

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting, I wonder if they had power run to the island, or if they're using solar or a generator??

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,131 ✭✭✭✭

I may be a bit naive, but I try to take people at face value. I always thought that Mr Mike was particularly erudite about literature. You can't really fake that. His gun photos did seem to be more than believably amazing, though.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

The jury may still be out for Mike, but the judge has ruled and sentencing carried out.

Hopefully we'll see JamesRK in our forum again.

This discussion has been closed.