In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The King is Dead, Long Live the King

gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭

R.I. P.

John Fitzgerald Kennedy

🌹 May 29, 1917 – November 22, 1963 🌹

Messed up TV for over a week ... I was 8 years old !

It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Elvis isn't dead.

• Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭

Read "Dereliction of Duty" by H.R. McMaster to get some insight into how JFK's leadership and assassination led to Vietnam and "The Great Society" which may have led to many of the problems we have today.

Growing up during Vietnam (and serving in the Army post-Vietnam) the book changed my perception of how we got into that mess.

• gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭

Yet, he has positively left the building !

IMO all the Kennedy's were criminals on all levels ... and people think this new ! Bootlegging, Bribery, Graft, Sex scandals et al !

Today's D.C. celebs have nothing on this group of felons ! Meet the new boss .. Same as the old boss !!!

It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, it was all Lee Harvey Oswald alone. 🤔

Forget the Grassy Knoll with everyone on scene looking right over there, pointing there, or the evidence apparent to any "Shooter," in the Zapruder film, in terms of head movement when shot.

American Integrity and Transparency, took the first major hit in this time frame. It has all been down hill since that moment in regards to Truth towards the American populace.

Your View May Differ. (YVMD)

That is my Opinion, and I will stick to it.

• ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭

It was some crazy three days or so. I was thirteen and remember watching with my family as Lee Harvey Oswald got wacked in real time. Even as a kid I never understood the renaming of buildings, roads and a space center because the guy was unlucky. In the immortal words of Jacqueline Kennedy...." Jack! ..Bang!...Duck..."😮

You will NEVER convince me that last head shot, did not come from the front, with massive spewing of brain matter out the back.

Anyone that shoots, that see's that Video and claims otherwise is deluding themselves.

That shot did NOT come from Lee Harvey from the Book Depository. No way, No how.

Is that the trajectory Lee Harvey had? No. He was shooting elevated from the rear.

That shot clearly came from low down, and the front. If you can watch the Zapruder footage and state otherwise, (as a Shooter) well then God Bless.

Your argument is facetious at best.

Everyone seems to forget it was The X-Files, Cigarette Smoking Man on the Knoll that day in Dallas ! 😆

• Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

I thought it was Trump’s fault?

• ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭

As a former owner of a Carcano I’ve never bought into that Oswald acted alone

Biden Doesn't have the man parts .... No, my money is on Hillary and Nancy. Trump and the K's are cut from the same purple.

Never mind Hildabeast's age, she was born a predator ! 😆

edited November 2020

SS, You believe what ever you want.

"Shooting straight down into a bucket." Yeah that approximates exactly what happened. 🤔

Personally, I will believe what my eyes saw, as a Shooter.

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭✭

I was 8 . Really messed up school and tv . Saw it all in glorious black and white . Later as an adult I began to realize what an egregious mess had made of the investigation and subsequent findings . Like Marilyn Monroe ‘s death , as well as Bobby’s everything touched by the Kennedy name has been tainted over the years . Truth , much like the history of a war is written by the winners .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

The media loved democrats, even back then. They ignored the fact that Joe Kennedy essentially bought the presidency for son John. They blamed Russia when John nearly started a nuclear war over Cuba. They ignored all the affairs that John, Bobby, and Ted had with numerous Hollywood starlets, making Clinton look like a high school freshman. They ignored the connection between Bobby Kennedy and Marylin Monroe's death. They glossed over Ted's killing of Mary Joe, etc., etc., etc.

The two that anonymously "disagreed," with my post, state your case, or go back in to the shadows.

Have the backbone to state your case. (Or not.)

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭

Ask her if her father knows where Kennedy's brain disappeared to😉

• dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭

It was re-interred with the body a few years later - 1967 IIRC. Not much of a mystery, Bob McNamara and Bob Kennedy were there, as was the US Army photographing the event. I believe the President's son Patrick was also re-interred at the same time.

• JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

I realize it's not a human head and I know it's a long way from being scientific but I once shot a few cantaloupes and after bullet impact larger portions flew forward with the direction of the bullets travel, very little if any debris came backwards. I myself vote forward shot. Addition: shots were from a Carcano rifle.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

JFK was an *............but he didn't deserve to be "Clinton'ed". He sure as hell wasn't a king.

• WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭

A good majority of us could make those shots from the 6th floor.

The better shot, that nearly anyone could have made the shot from the grassy knoll.

Why was JD Tippett murdered?

Why did Oswald insist he was a Patsy?

Why on Earth was Ruby allowed to get so close to Oswald?

also- this: The 1975 House Committee on Assassinations. Said there were likely multiple shooters.

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭

I have shot a lot of deer. That head shot on Kennedy came from the front, that is obvious.

Which means conspiracy. I think the Mafia did it, there is all kinds of evidence to support this including many statements from Mafia kingpins.

Without a doubt Kennedy stole the 1960 election, Papa Joe working with the Mafia to steal Illinois. Nixon knew about it but he chose not to contest it.

The Kennedys were crooks but still I think John had a lot of promise. I read several places where he was going to get us out of Vietnam after the '64 election and I think he would have. Good God that would have been a wonderful thing, to end the War in 1965. Lyndon Johnson really screwed that deal up.

• grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭

To his dying day, my Dad insisted that LBJ and Wall Street were involved in the assassination plan. To him, it made sense that the VN war was nothing more than a way for big businesses to make profits selling equipment and supplies to the government. JFK was going to end the conflict, and had to be eliminated.

As far as the direction that the bullets came from, I am convinced that at least one was fired from in front of the limo. JMO, of course! (and we all know about opinions)

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

I'm pretty sure the office in the car behind was involved. I posted about it once a while back and care not to look it up. If someone wants to, knock yourself out. It was the best analysis I have ever seen.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain