In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

You might want to write the ATF

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Best video I have seen about what the ATF is trying to do concerning braces. They say enough letters might help. It is not a law. YET.

(46) Gun Gripes #272: "ATF Goes Hard On Braces | ACT NOW!" - YouTube

Comments

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

53 minutes?

Sorry, Ricci, these two are about the most annoying presenters I have seen in a long time.

Here is the document published in the Federal Register with contact information as to how to submit a comment.

One can submit a comment if they like, but as long as we have a court system that recognizes the Constitutionality of the 1934 NFA, we are just pissing in the wind. People that have no understanding of firearms will continue to realize that through our historic compromises, we have agreed that there are any number of reasonable restrictions upon our 2nd Amendment liberties. What we need to agree upon is that there are Constitutionally based limits upon those restrictions. To date, there are no universally recognized limits upon what government can restrict.

The restriction on SBR's has been accepted by the firearms community for decades. Now manufacturers are making rifle stocks for pistols and calling them braces. No all, of course, but many. While I will never accept that there is any Constitutional validity to the classification of SBR's as anything that requires special attention by government, I do not believe these silly and transparent thwarting of the law serves any purpose of value.

The underlying law is the problem. We need to get rid of it, and wording one's way around it seems, IMO, to confirm its validity as much as anything.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't they go thru the same thing with the bumpy stocks?

• Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

If you area FFL holder you should have received an email asking for your input.

Got one a couple days ago.

Might need to be on their email listing.

My biggest issue is "what's" next.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,454 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Ya true

I may be pizzing in the wind

but at least I sent them a email on there form with my response on why they should not infringe on our rights

may not help but sure cant hurt .

they did back down on the green tip ammo supposedly due to the overwhelming response on we do not want it out lawed

we very well may be on the turning point for all gun owners . as always , getting all gun owners to stick together is not happening . and like always the "I do not care I don't like fill in the blank ____ type of gun or devise or ammo any way nothing to me .

for once I would like to see the millions of gun owners stand together and demand no more and even demand repeal of a lot of the laws . imagine what just the sheer number of gun owners ( millions ) could do if we would stand together flooding the capitols of every state and no backing down .

look what the other for lack of better term "minority groups " as far as actual numbers have accomplished by protest and there is way more gun owners

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Aren't most of these stocks black?? Seems raycest to me.

just heard 89 members of congress sent a letter to the BATF to back off and stop the BS about going after pistol braces

with luck maybe it will have some bearing

latest

maybe thanks to all the people who actually took time to add a response and the congress members

the ATF has pulled the letter and declared it finished small victory for gun owners

now in a couple months will they come after them again my guess yes they will the will never stop attacking the 2nd and the peoples right to have a firearm

I liked what one you tube gun poster had to say if you will not take up a pen and at least write your objection the odds are you will never pick up a rifle to defend it