In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Advanced Armament Corp 762 SD

Tommel73Tommel73 Member Posts: 9

Hello everyone, and Merry belated Christmas,

So I am the proud owner of an AAC 762 SD for which I had one of my AK'S (incorrect caliber, but it works) customized to fit. It has the "Quick Fit" attachment setup on it, and I would like to be able to use it on my various other 762x51's, primarily my FAL, (the CETME'S are probably too risky).

Anyhow, the gunsmith who custom fit this for me has since retired and moved, and all of the local boys that I've talked to are capable of basic straightforward threading machinist operations, but don't wish to experiment with this, with the possibility of getting it wrong.

Whenever I try to search online, I either ads for just the suppressor itself, or "quick-tach" attachments for Bobcat skid steers. LOL!

I cannot seem to find any info on thread pattern, adapters, etc. This suppressor is one solid piece, non-modular, as far as I can tell. If any of ya'll have any info to share, or know of anyone who handles oddball items in the relative Austin, Texas area, I would appreciate any info.

Thanks.

Comments

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

From the Silencer Shop website:

"*Note: As of July 2015, all 7.62-SD suppressors now ship with an AAC 51T Flash Hider for 5/8x24 included! Two premium products for this reduced price is a steal of a deal… Just ask the many satisfied customers who submitted 5-star reviews for both."

If this still isn't clear. I suggest calling AAC to get the answer right from the makers mouth.

Best.

• shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭✭

You buy the 3 pronged quick tach flash suppressor in whatever thread size/pitch your Barrel is. Typically 204-22cals is 1/2x28 and 243 on up is 5/8x24 but gunsmiths have been known to do it differently if you don't specify. So your 30cals are normally 5/8x24.

With the parting out of the various Freedom Group companies Aac is not operating right now but I think they will be back. Aac was part of several brands bought by yet another investing company JJE Holdings. I see the adapters you need listed a little higher than normal on the auction side but not too much higher.

I just sold a 762-SDn earlier today. I hope they get up and running soon because I still have a few left but am short on the 51t adapters.

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

"I had one of my AK'S (incorrect caliber, but it works) customized to fit. It has the "Quick Fit" attachment setup on it,"

In what way was this accomplished? Is there an adaptor screwed to the muzzle of the AK or was the common LH metric threads cut and rethreaded to fit the muzzle device/suppressor mount?

So, by any chance is the base of the can threaded 1 3/8x24 so that the mounting setup can be removed?

YHM and several other suppressor brands have the actual base of the suppressor body threaded allowing the type/design of the mount to be changed from the older 51T ratchet to other, newer or brand specific designs.

I have both an older SilencerCo and a new Torrent changed out to use the common YHM QA mounts.

• Tommel73Tommel73 Member Posts: 9

Yes! My AK has the exact 51-T adaptor pictured above. My dealer/gunsmith received both the rifle and the suppressor within the same basic time period, and just rolled right into installation procedures , so I was unaware of this extra part and this process. I had thought that the AK came with that fitting and that he had milled around the base of it or something.

Great job answering my questions, folks. That gives me a great lead to investigate. I will try to find this part, and I'm fairly certain that my new gunsmith will be able to sort it out attaching this 51T

Thanks to all.

I checked a few sources and didn't find any 5/8x24 51T mounts available. Maybe check on the auction side.

• shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭✭

Several on the auction side right now. Over double what they should sell for but with the company shut down you better jump on it.

Here's one for $245:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/887637832

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

The supply chain for AAC has been disrupted by the sale of Remington assets which disrupted the AAC move from Georgia to Alabama. Suppliers are taking back orders so the assumption should be that AAC will make a comeback. Based on their contract with the Remington XM2010 sniper rifle for the suppressor and adapter (51T) there is a money trail indicating some potential profitability.

In the mid-2000 when AAC was in its heyday, we has an awful time keeping the 51T adapters in stock due to the popularity. The solution was to keep an order for 100 adapters always in the pipeline. Expensive? Yes but that was the only way we could be sure to have some in stock. Now it's a case of wait and see what comes from the reorganization.

Like the powder and primer supply currently, you might find one in the smaller suppliers.

Best.

I saw a couple on GB, for $200 buy it now option. I'm going to take the AK and the FAL to the gunsmitb for a side-by-side analysis to see if it can be done. The tip of the FAL has 3 ports, so that could be problematic for threading, and possibly dangerous (gas dispersion). So we'll see. Thanks again you guys, it was right in front of my face, but I couldn't see it.

I think you're missing the point that most muzzle brakes are threaded onto the barrel.

Have you ever seen the original "Dawn of the Dead"? I'm "the fool with enough money to buy it"

This discussion has been closed.