In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mail time

Lynnbech7Lynnbech7 Member Posts: 4

I won an auction, paid for the gun and the seller said he sent it to my FFL here in colorado from Florida. He said he would get me tracking number but i didnt get it from him. I cant seem to get him to email me back. Ive reached out in email probably 3 times and no response. I know with covid and the holidays finally ending that the mail is really backed up so im trying to be patient but how long is patient compared to Fool. Did I get ripped off by this guy? What do i do if i did? How long after paying for the order or auction order should one wait before freaking out. I dont know what to do. Just keep waiting and hope it shows? Do i tell you his name? I don't want to get anyone in trouble, i just want what I paid for. In one of his emails to me he said ir should be here tomorrow and that was a week ago so im getting very concerened that I may have been a scamm

Comments

• Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

How was it shipped, long gun or hand gun?

Took almost three weeks to get a firearm from MO to NC.

A week to go the last 80 miles. USPS of course.

Getting FEDEX and UPS 2nd day easy.

• duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

As above and is his feedback good? Tracking number is a must or I am calling BS.

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin

What's the auction number?

• Lynnbech7Lynnbech7 Member Posts: 4

I have an order # and an item# are either one of those an auction# ?

You really think i should call him. I hate being a nag about it. If im overreacting please people tell me abd i will shut up and wait patiently.

edited January 2021

Its being shipped ground and its a charter arms .357 revolver snub

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin

Yes, the item number would be it.

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Slooow down Cowboy, we (I) need a bit more info to help you better. When was the auction actually over, was this a dealer or a private party, what was their feedback rating, was the gun new or used, and how did you pay for it? If it was a new gun from a dealer, it's possible that they sold something they didn't have in their possession, and it was dropped shipped from the wholesaler, who might not even have it in stock, and it's hard for the seller to get tracking info. If it's a private party then it's a little different story. If you paid with a credit card, talk to card issuer about your options if you don't get the item. Same with a bank if you used a check or money order. I'd also call the receiving FFL to see if it's there. Sometimes sellers ship guns w/o any info as to who it goes to, and the FFL just lets it sit there until someone calls to claim it. I would start with trying to call the seller as duckhunter mentioned. If that doesn't work, send them a message thru the gb system telling him that you are going to cancel payment and leave him bad feedback to start with. If you have more questions, and this thread is closed after 10 replies, which is protocol for this forum, open another thread titled mail time #2. Good luck.

• Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Aren't handguns supposed to go 2nd day air? Private seller? FFL seller?

Some sellers and FFl holders will send ground, anyway they can ship the cheapest. If it is USPS ground best break out a long reading book or long runnning TV show.

This discussion has been closed.