In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Transportation Secretary wants to implement a mileage tax

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Will they repeal the Federal and State Tax Gas tax and how are they going to tally the mileage? It's all going to be a Tax everything fiasco with The NWO tracking system in place.

serf

https://www.wnd.com/2021/01/incoming-transportation-secretary-wants-implement-mileage-tax/

Incoming Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg has suggested taxing Americans for the number of miles they drive, a policy he endorsed as a Democratic presidential candidate.The Biden Administration is actively searching for ways to fund its ambitious $1 trillion infrastructure plan.

Buttigieg, the former mayor of South Bend, Ind., acknowledged "privacy concerns" related to implementing a vehicle miles traveled (VMT) system but said it should be considered as a potential replacement for the gas tax.

Comments

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭

wonder what the fine would be if your odometer "accidentally" broke??????

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

They would 'guesstimate' it to the high side then you would have to prove otherwise. Good Luck!

These are only topics for discussion and many will simply fall by the wayside because of the inability of data collection. And please skip the remarks about putting some tracking device on all the cars in the US because that will definitely NOT fly.😁

All this hand wringing is annoying!

Best.

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭

Again, not gonna affect the big city folks who never drive anyways. Or the folks who sit home and draw checks, only gonna hurt the working man.

• thorhammerthorhammer Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

They're not getting the gas tax from all the electric cars on the road, so now they have to find a new way to tax those cars

who aren't paying road taxes. there is a way, the insurance had me plug a module into my cars computer port, watched my speed, i don't know if it recorded miles, but it saved me enough insurance. then they ended the program, it was like big brother watching you.

• tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭✭

That little shark fin thing on your roof can communicate with them any information they want to know.

Except you guys driving those 70's wagons!

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

I received a call from GM.. they had been tracking one of my Camaros. Calling and saying what service was needed..on star stuff. I had been hauling it around in the trailer and they thought it needed service. So I told them it only had 20 some miles on it and I would take out the little tracking box inside the trunk if they called again.

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭

He is a DEMOCRAT doing what they love to do and that is tax.