In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CCI 109 shot shell primers

bsdoylebsdoyle Member Posts: 279 ✭✭

Found 1K count box in back of primer cabinet. i ASSUME they are the old Rem. 57 size. Small. Any body verify. Thanx

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

I am no expert, but I came across a brick of these this summer, and best I could find they are the same as the 209 primers except the 109 are nickle coated, and the 209 are not, but fully interchangeable. I used them to do up 50-60 12ga shells and they shot fine, went to use them in my muzzleloader but the rim did seem a few thousands thicker and the rifle wouldn't lock back up without being slammed shut so I didn't use them, guess I will keep them for shotshell reloading......

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭

I think hillbillie is right. Same as a 209 but nickle plated. A little milder than the WW209 but should work just fine in most loadings. Bob

• Options
    XXCrossXXCross Member Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

!09's were for trap and skeet loadings. (as they used to say of Pall-Malls..and they're mild too)

• Options
    bsdoylebsdoyle Member Posts: 279 ✭✭

Thanx guys. I ll shoot um up.