In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The new world

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in Politics

What a great place the new world is today.

I just read that Disneyland is going to revamp the Jungle Cruise because its raycist. I remember riding on that ride in the late 60's or early 70's when we lived in La Habra CA. I didn't realize I was being subjected to raycisim. I guess depicting a guy with a shrunken head in his hand and natives with loin cloths and spears is raycist.

In another article I read that the B-52 bomber will continue to fly to 2050. The last one rolled off the assembly line in 1962. I would think the USAF would be looking at some kind of drone to take over the strategic bombing mission.

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day. I never knew there was one but I guess it has been recognized for years. I am 60 and thought I was a well informed and worldly person but I guess I am not.

San Francisco was in the news today. All the schools that are named after raycists are going to be renamed. The raycists are George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson. I don't see how Lincoln could be branded a raycist, I can see how he should be branded a criminal and a violator of the US constitution. The school board said his administration was detrimental to Native Americans, I think that could be said about every president in history.

In the case of Roosevelt Middle School, it wasn't clear if the board knew which former President Roosevelt it was named for, but decided to have it removed anyway, better safe than sorry. Yes Washington and Jefferson both owned slaves but does that make them a raycist? How was Roosevelt a raycist, either one?

The cost will be more than 1 million USD.

Oh yea!

The Tubman $20 bill is back on.

RLTW

Comments