In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Where can I find Sling Swivels like this?

wallyentwallyent Member Posts: 279 ✭✭

Where can I find Sling Swivels that mount like this? Bought this Winchester Model 67 a million years ago and never could find swivels to fit this. Guess I gave up and now trying again. Is there a style name/number? These measure approx. 1 1/2" long x 1/2" to 9/16"? wide. Thanks.

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

It looks like the rear one on a Winchester 69a target stock. I don't see one listed on their website but it might be worth giving Jack First a call. Bob

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

I don't keep track of small parts such as your sling swivel but I generally just run the known potential suppliers. Jack First is just one of the many.

Gun Parts Corp. is another. They usually have a diagram of the firearm in questions so you can locate the part you need if they have it.

Then use a search engine to try the terms 'Winchester Model 67 sling swivels' to see where that takes you.

There is a Winchester collectors association which you can find with a search also.

Best.

• MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******

'LOOKS LIKE' THE LOWER SWIVEL OF SEVERAL U.S. MILITARY WEAPONS (1903, 1917)

• PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

I have a couple old milsurp sling swivels in my parts box, which measure 1-9/32" long by 5/8" wide with screw holes on 29/32" centers which seem very close to your photo measurements. They would accomodate a 1-1/4" sling. I don't know what they came off of, but I'd be glad to send them to you for postage costs, if they would fit your stock. PM me?

• wallyentwallyent Member Posts: 279 ✭✭

Measured these again and farthest curved point is hair over 1 1/2" and the center-to-center holes are exactly 1".

The width is a strong 1/2"(maybe 9/16") at most. ---PA Shootist-yours look too short and screw holes off maybe too much? but could plug existing holes and start over maybe. Thanks for offer but hoping for a better fit.

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭

you could try to make them, little bit of flat stock grind down to shape of the wood cut out drill holes, make sort of oblong washer, then drill center out and put sling stud in it, you would have to relieve the wood between the two screw holes for the sling stud, a lot of work but it could be made to fit snug and then blued if you want......