In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I stopped collecting guns.

I have cycled thru many guns since the early 70's and politics has caused me to lose my interest in the hobby that I love.

Mark

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited January 2021

since you've lost your interest in guns, be sure to sell them here, on Gun Broker. Link the auction listings into the forum so that those of us who remain interested in collecting firearms will have the chance to give your guns a good home.

If you don't want to list them yourself, forum member Locust Fork sells huge numbers of consignment guns on auction, which always bring top $$$. Contact her by PM. She'll take those guns off your hands, and put money into your wallet.

• gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum,

• US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭

I collect US military history. Oddly enough some of that included guns.

I want to make sure the youth learn about our US military history - before they lose interest in that.

• randomnutrandomnut Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Politics? Seems a bit juvenile...

• varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭

i have also, im just too cheap to pay todays prices. i have guns in my safes i havent seen for years. i going to start getting them out and acting like i just bought them, might even shoot a couple that i havent seen for years.

• redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry. You might want to quit listening to the Politicians and actually go out and enjoy a hobby you once did.

Or you can just come here and complain.

• SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

There's a point where we all stop collecting what ever we may collect. If you've been collecting since the 70's no doubt you have several that you haven't shot much lately, if at all. When your guns are collecting dust it may be time to stop collecting guns. The climate driving prices up has put any buying on hold for me. I'm simply not going to pay those prices.

I'm thinking about reducing down just because I'll be traveling more and doing other things and a safe full of guns I'm not using isn't something I'll be needing. I'll get down to (maybe) 7-10 guns. That will cover the hunting I do and any defensive needs I have.

• Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭

Most people that have been into collecting go through times when it sways toward one thing or another....changing from one type to a different from time to time. Once you feel like you've hammered out every path imaginable sometimes it seems like its not interesting anymore. Some people try to perfect a collection, culling the lesser models and upgrading the ones they are truly interested in keeping. Sometimes it can be challenging to complete a group, all the snake guns, axis and allies, prelock S&W revolvers have several groups that can be fun to try to locate and obtaining every variant of the nagant can be more difficult than it seems. I've seen people go as far as to get mannequins and put together uniforms that go with their gun collections. Just buying guns here and there can be a lot of fun....but if you can figure out a way to guide things in a direction you are interested in can make things challenging and very rewarding.

(Thank you Mark for the plug).....like he said, if you need my help to turn the things you are interested in letting go I am here to help!

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭

When politics brings about oppression; its time to do something about it rather than give up freedom.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

JMHO

yes I get so mad and even depressed at watching the news and the entire anti gun community that are gaining more ground every year , now with all the hate for guns ( fear of them being used ) the demorats and ther is always th erepublicans and rhinos who now have for the most part complete control and looking to gain more by doing away with the 2nd as the first has already been wiped out for the most part

any way if they cant do away with our rights they can and are making it so difficult by every road block possible to own or buy a gun or like you just say heck with it. trust me your not the only gun owner I have had tell me its not worth it each one of us that does toss in the towel is just another win for them and yes its truly sad but becoming a fact of life

do I think 100 million gun owners or even 50 million who knows really how many will form and protest like other groups who have won against the odds . I really doubt it

• JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭

Not buying firearms due to politics is almost unthinkable to me, I place it right there with not voting ( 2 of our most sacred rights).....even knowing my vote may not be counted doesn't stop me from voting, I'm gonna vote every time. 😊

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭

If you live in a communist state like Calif, you can understand the OP's feelings. I haven't lost interest, just stopped buying more for the herd. The last two guns I bought were a pair of broken .22 rifles (both working now) from Kasey, and just getting them transferred after they got here, the cost was doubled, and took months to get done.

Now we have more "infringement" with the ammo purchasing restrictions, and the BLM land restrictions for places to shoot. Public ranges seem to always have a plainclothes checking over your guns, looking for something to arrest you for. As fast as the laws change with little notice, I don't even know what's legal to take to the range anymore.

You guys that live in free states count your blessings, and remember that Calif has always been the commie test bed for what's coming.

• kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭

It is not a hobby, it is a sacred right and a way of life.

Of course, you may do as you wish.

• badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

@kannoneer said "It is not a hobby, it is a sacred right and a way of life."

I really wish more people saw it this way. It's not about collecting fine examples, hunting, or the shooting sports.

Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

It appears that Nancy and some of the law makers were wanting some firearm protection recently.

(and they don't like guns except for their own protection)

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Hypocrites ALL.

Rumor has it Nancy wanted "Crew Served Machine Guns" set up at the Capitol for the Inauguration.

Those "Laws" are only for us Little People. When you have a blatantly Two Tiered Justice System it becomes pretty obvious.

Easy to be safe when you have a Security Detail, Chauffeured, live in a Gated Community etc.

• rgnot3rgnot3 Member Posts: 28

I am not sure why we allow lawmakers to exempt themselves from any laws they make for us. If we go unprotected so should they.

Hobby? Collector? Maybe that's why it was so easy for you to give up. Ill go to jail before I surrender my rights to these A-holes!

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

According to the Constitution rgnot3, they are not supposed to enact any legislation that excludes themselves. We have not seen that enforced/enacted for a long time now.

Total BS.

• hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

I have been feeling the same for a month or so an idea came to me take everything out of the 3 safes pick out which ones I will part with take them to the range one last time.HA! It worked I put them all back but one, took it to the LGS for consignment it sold before I left the store.I'm good for another year.