In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Universal background checks 84% favor?

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

I keep seeing this figure thrown out and no one seems to be disputing it. Where do they get this number?

Comments

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,312 ******

Outta their backside?

• SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭

I hated statistics in college. I did learn that you can make a statistic mean anything with the right input.

i think this statistic is proof of using the right input.

• US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭

Hello? Yes, I am taking a single question poll and wonder if you would like to participate. Thank you.

Would you rather

A - Support Universal Background Checks

- or -

B - See your entire family murdered in front of you?

A? Thank you. Have a nice day.

Hey, Boss, put one more in the "A - Support Universal Background Checks" column.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Propaganda from the left

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Not sure how much of it is propaganda.

WA State passed Initiative 594 which mandated background checks on individual sales of firearms.

The measure passed roughly 60% to 40%, with a couple of the more rural eastern counties passing the measure.

A federal Universal Background Check Law has, I would think, become more popular over the past 8 years due to the relentless push for it from the left and from spineless idiots in the center and on the right. The current background check system gets its Constitutional legitimacy loosely from the Commerce Clause, something that cannot be applied to individual sales. In the current environment, which includes the widely believed false assumption that universal background checks would have any measurable impact upon gun violence, the passage of such 'common sense' gun control laws has a good chance of passing.

With legacy-slave Roberts leading the Supreme Court, there is no reasonable expectation that such legislation would be successfully challenged.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • bundybundy Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,455 ✭✭✭✭

i have watched more than a few you tube and news video's depending on how you word the questions you can the answer you seek .

point out what they just agreed to with no twisted or fancy words and explain what they were asking and they change there mind

JMHO they do survey's where they know they will get what they seek go to a bar ask how many are against drinking and want to out law it or ask the same question in a meeting of MADD pick and choose your target

tick with me a minute there was/ is a show on TV spun off gas monkey where they were funding garages to get them a new start . one show they were putting a sign on the out side of the newly renovated shop voted to be the best shop in town the owner said WTH , the TV host project leader ? guy , ask I vote it is and so do you ...there its been voted best in town by us so the sign is legit