In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Autonomous zone.

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2021 in Politics

What do ya'll think of the new George Floyd Autonomous Zone that has been set up and allowed to remain by the city of Minneapolis?

I think it is an outrage what happened to the guy but is this the answer? I don't think so. Is he a mayrtr? I don't think so he was a drug user and a criminal.

What I don't understand is why he was held down. Why do these policemen keep the perp in the area. cuff and put him in the car, take him to jail.........................done.

How would you like to have a business or home in this Zone? Already one guy has been shot and killed in the Zone.

RLTW

Comments

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

I think the communists are getting what they have wanted since the mid 1930's.

• jesnlsnjesnlsn Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

How would you like to be a Minnesota. Tax payer and help find his family’s 27million windfall ? Even if the cops killed him why does it entitle his family to riches at taxpayer expense ?

• jesnlsnjesnlsn Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Fund . Not find .

• chmechme Member Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭

If I were the attorney for the accused, I would have scouts out finding and documenting things like this-AND any participation in them by any government agency- building the case for when I file the appeal based on excessive pre-trial publicity.

From what I have heard, the police had him in a car. Starting acting up, with the "I can't breathe", bashing self against car. They took him out of car, waiting for ambulance.

I will note that if you can yell and talk, you ARE breathing. And the autopsy report I saw initially said death was due to overdose of Fentanyl, And the accused have- IMHO- the same chance of getting a fair trial that I have of becoming pope.

It has been said- a city gets the police force it deserves, and vice versa. The mini-apple has a high number of vacancies on the PD, and new recruits are avoiding it like the plague. Current officers are leaving, having said to hell with this. Well, uf dah and good luck, Minnesotans.

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭

Autonomous zones remind me of Mogadishu in the 90s and what to expect when DEMOCRAT mayors have no political opposition at all.

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

He is no Rosa Parks and his civil rights had little to do why he placed himself into this scenario.The NAACP could have picked a much better candidate for police brutality and selecting a political martyr. Blaming all whites for minority suppression of equality is a fallacy.

I see a lot of news information now how whites are seeking Asians to brutalized them because of the Wuhan virus now.It's all out attack against so called white privilege. All whites are being blamed regardless of who did it regardless of color of the assailant. You can't make broad statements about any race for it's racist. The moral high ground is found in a person heart and action,all humans fall short in many ways not just whites.

serf

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7364747/

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭

Police brutality is bad but this guy should not be the poster boy he has become. Sad days for America

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭✭

I can't help see some similarities with what's going on now with what happened in early nazi Germany. Take for instance Horst Wessel, basically a low life scumbag member of the SA that was elevated to hero status by Goebbels after he was killed in a brawl with communists. The Horst Wessel song became the anthem of nazi Germany.

Take a person that has had issues with police, and make them a saint when they are killed. Neither he or Treyvon Martin should have been killed, but neither are the hero's that they are made out to be.

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭

Two gallons of gas and a match should fix the problem.