In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

permit less carry to be voted on today in SC

loknlodeloknlode Member Posts: 34 ✭✭

if you are in sc (or not) and if you want to have a permit less carry text the word carry to 52886. the sc legislature is voting on it today. if you are pro 2nd then DO IT !!!! you won't get any spam if you do.

Comments

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭

Done

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭

While permitless carry is a good thing there are a couple downsides to it as well.

We passed it here in my state a couple years ago. Since then many people just let theirs expire.

1. If you give up your permit here and practice "constitutional carry" if you are pulled over by police you have to inform them immediately that you are carrying, whereas with a permit you do not. This may be different in other states.

2. You do not have any reciprocity with other states.

3. You obviously cannot bypass the NICS check like you could with a permit(if your state allows)

Get the law passed, it's a win for gun rights but I'd still keep the permit if you have one.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,345 ******
  • Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭✭

South Carolina is the only boarder state that does not honor Ga carry permits. Funny, now they are voting to remove their own permits. I wonder if out of state people could carry IF the new measure passes.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

I will keep my CWP in SC.