In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hunter's Gun was "PLACED" in a trash can

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2021 in Politics

By his girlfriend who is his dead brother's widow. Secret Service tries to cover it up. This was in 2018 and I bet no one told then President Trump.

Secret Service Agents Intervened in Hunter Biden Gun Incident: Report (yahoo.com)

Zachary Evans

Thu, March 25, 2021, 8:20 AM·3 min re

Secret Service agents allegedly involved themselves in an incident in which Joe Biden’s daughter-in-law Hallie threw a gun belonging to her husband Hunter Biden in the trash outside a grocery store, Politico reported Thursday.

The alleged involvement of the Secret Service in the incident would be inappropriate given that the incident was investigated by Delaware police and the FBI, and because Joe Biden was not under Secret Service protection at the time, law enforcement officials told Politico.

“U.S. Secret Service records confirm that the agency did not provide protection to any member of the Biden family in 2018, and that the Secret Service had no involvement in this alleged incident,” the agency said in a statement.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

On October 23, 2018, Hallie Biden took a .38 revolver belonging to Hunter and placed it in the trash outside Janssen’s Market in Wilmington, Del. After informing Hunter the same day, he told her to go back and retrieve the gun, however the gun was missing from the trash can when Hallie returned to get it.

Hallie told the store manager, who passed the information along to Delaware police. According to the police report, which was obtained by Politico, the incident caused heightened concerns because the store was across the street from a high school, and officers worried the gun could be used in a crime. The FBI, which was investigating Hunter’s taxes at the time, also reportedly responded to the incident.

At the same time that Delaware police were questioning Hallie and Hunter, two Secret Service agents arrived at StarQuest Shooters & Survival Supply, the gun shop where Hunter bought the revolver, two people familiar with the incident said. The agents asked owner Ron Palmieri to turn over the Firearms Transaction Record Hunter filled out in order to purchase the gun.

Palmieri refused, however, reportedly because he suspected that the agents wanted to hide Hunter’s ownership of the gun. The ownership records fall under the purview of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, and Palmieri handed the records to the ATF a day after the incident. Palmieri declined to comment to Politico.

The news comes after Joe Biden’s presidential campaign dealt with questions regarding a number of Hunter’s foreign business dealings. Hunter admitted in December 2020 that the FBI and IRS were investigating his “tax affairs,” referencing the probe open at the time of the alleged incident involving his revolver.

“I learned yesterday for the first time that the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Delaware advised my legal counsel, also yesterday, that they are investigating my tax affairs,” Hunter said on December 9.

Joe Biden has issued multiple statements in support of his son, who has struggled with drug addiction throughout his adult life.

“President-elect Biden is deeply proud of his son, who has fought through difficult challenges, including the vicious personal attacks of recent months, only to emerge stronger,” the Biden transition team said in December.

Comments

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Well, well, well. What a big freakin' Surprise. Two tiered Justice System and Daddy/Establishment protecting the Chosen ones in clear play here, again.

How about the fact that a known Drug User was in possesion of a Firearm etc. etc.

Nothing to see here, move along now. Very Good of the Store Owner FFL, to refuse to turn the 4473 over to the Secret Service. Kudos to him.

• slingerslinger Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Oh, that's different.

• claysclays Member Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭✭

He also lied on the 4473 to obtain the gun. The Dems are all upset about gun control, maybe they should start with their own.

Secret Service Intervened In Hunter Biden Gun Incident; Hunter May Have Lied On Background Check Form, Report Says | The Daily Wire

Was the "Lie" involving his Drug use clays? Or Something else?

• kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭

If you are related to Joe Biden, you should not be able to own a gun, or have armed guards. This includes the CIA. Guns are bad, right?

edited March 2021

That holds true for ALL Anti Gun Politicians. Every single one of them. Hypocrites. How many of them either own firearms or have Armed Security? How many live in Gated Communities with Armed guards at the entry gate?

Two tiered Laws and Justice System. "Doesn't apply to me, because I'm Special." Freakin' Hypocrites.

(But) Yet, they have fences up and the National Guard surrounding them just now, even though their Party "garnered more popular Votes than ever before in POTUS History." Right.

They Stole the Election. They Know it, and They Know that We Know it. That's Why.

• claysclays Member Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭✭

KenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭✭ 4:16PM

Was the "Lie" involving his Drug use clays? Or Something else?

POLITICO obtained copies of the Firearms Transaction Record and a receipt for the gun dated Oct. 12, 2018.

Hunter responded “no” to a question on the transaction record that asks, “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?” Five years earlier, he had been discharged from the Navy Reserve after testing positive for cocaine, and he and family members have spoken about his history of drug use.

Lying on an ATF Form 4473 is a felony that can carry a 10-year prison sentence with a $250,000 fine. The report comes as Joe Biden has demanded that Congress enact tougher gun laws.

Thanks clays, that is pretty much what I thought the "Lie" would be about.

How PERFECT would it be, (fat chance.) that Hunter with all the other BS He and his Family are involved with Graft and Pay for access, goes to Jail for lying on a 4473 form. Talk about Poetic Justice.

Personally, I want to see Joe, Hunter, Hillary et al, go to Jail for Corruption and milking the system to the detriment of America, for Profit. Traitors all.

Yeah, I know. When Pigs Fly.

• US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

In my neck of the woods you can receive serious fines for "improper disposal of dead animals", if you throw your dead cat in the trash - or more likely - bury dead cows from your feedlot.

I can't even imagine the penalty (for the common folk) for "improper disposal of a firearm" - or is it really OK to just throw your guns in the trash?

Along the same lines - exactly why would you throw a gun in the trash?

My bet? His new Wife was afraid (due to his erratic behavior and drug use) of him owning it. Does not sound like he asked for it to be disposed of.

Scumbag of the 1st Order. Needs to be in Jail for various issues. (Not just one.) Everything combined? Definite Felon. You or I? We'd definitely be in Jail.

2nd Tier Justice System in play here. (For all that are wiiling to see.)

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭

Creepy sleepy Joe and his fam fam get a pass of course.

Like Swalwell and Bang Bang

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭

Come on guys, accuracy counts.

Hunter received an administrative discharge, which is still good for most veterans benefits.

The day after Hunter was discharged, he could have answered the question on the Form 4473 honestly if he hadn't used for at least 1 day. That question is just too vague.

"Felony" has nothing to do with being prohibited from possessing a firearm. It's conviction of any crime for which the possible sentence is 1 year in prison. Maryland has many misdemeanors for which the possible sentence is greater than 1 year in prison, such as "possession of CDS not marijuana" - 6 years.

Neal

If "Accuracy" Counts.

Hunter would be in Jail right now, for various different reasons.

The fact that he got an "Administrative" discharge, also reflects his Special treatment. My experience, a Drug use discharge is a Dishonorable. Hhmmnn...............you think his Dad had any influence on that discharge? No, no way......................................Just like there was nothing wrong with Hunter getting $50,000-$80,000/month, from the Russians for his Petroleum "Expertise." (Which was ZERO.)

Entitled Scumbag, getting preferential treatment. That is Accurate. If "Accuracy" matters.

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Thank you, Neal.

The question is 'Are', not 'Have you ever'.

It is, IMO, disgusting when supposed 2nd Amendment supporters mis-use the rules of the BATFE to bludgeon someone for potentially violating a rule that should not even exist.

I don't know if H. Biden lied. I don't care. I do not think the US Government should deny someone his natural rights for trivialities.

Don

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

sadly like always nothing to see here move along

oh wait look over there Trump did ..........

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭

ITS GOOD TO BE A DEMOCRAT,

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Too bad he did blow his brains out and do the world a favor.

RLTW

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Come on folks,teenagers have always complain about parents saying do as We say not as we do.So both political parties are the father and the mother.Why do you think we have just a two party political system here? Easier to rule with hypocrisies with grid lock,then with harmony among more voices to decide.

Dumping the filibuster is just another sign of stupidity of our so called Republic under a just Democracy along with non verifiable election laws for voters. It will be our undoing.

serf