In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Why is 'ID please' racist?

fatcat458fatcat458 Member Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
edited March 2021 in Politics

l go to the bank to cash a check. Teller asks 'ID please'. Is that racist?

UPS driver knocks on my door with a pkg that has to be signed for. Asks 'ID please'. ls that racist?

Patient goes to DR office for treatment. Worker at desk asks 'ID please'. ls that racist?

Patient goes to pharmacy for 'over the counter' Sudafed. Druggist asks 'ID please'. ls that racist?

Driver goes to dealership to pick their car up. Cashier at service desk asks 'ID please'. ls that racist?

I even get 'ID please' when l buy cigarettes for my eighty year old STROKE stricken BIL . l'm 75!!

I could think of a bazillion more reasons l'm asked 'ID please'...

My question is ?? How can some people say lt's 'RACIST' for a poll worker to ask 'ID please' when l VOTE??

Comments

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Everything is raycist now especially if it requires someone to act like a frickin human.

RLTW

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

It is racist for Miami Beach police to arrest some people for screwing in the street.

It is not racist were they to arrest other people.

If you have not yet realized that laws which apply to all people equally are racist, you have not been paying attention.

This is America today. Check your damn privilege at the door and shut up.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭

First look at who is branding everything be it group, individual, thing or behavior racist and you will have your answer:

Its mainly the media, DEMOCRATs, academia, West and East Coast elitists. You will find these are the same people bringing about cancel culture and have an intense hatred for anyone who does not agree with them or their ideology.

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Trust me this racist, woke, equity, inclusive, police brutality, ANTIFA, BLM, voter suppression crapola is going to go full circle and bite these morons in the butt.

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Chiefr NAILS it.

Asking for ID in order to Vote runs contrary to their agenda of getting as many entitled, illegal, brain dead and flat out dead people to Vote as possible.

When that doesn't work, rig the Voting machines via algorithms and rig the Vote/Cheat, in conjunction with fabricating as many "Mail In Votes" as necessary to mathematically (miraculously) Win.

Worked last time, and they will continue to use that Playbook, unless called on it. (And) That has not happened.

Thanks SCOTUS.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

the left want to have vote free and often with no ID what so ever ..

but amazing they all insist if it goes against them or trying to get them out of office then the votes its required three forms of government issued photo ID finger prints a note from home and notary sealed in front of four judges to count before and then just maybe considered

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

Anything said or done by a white, male, American is racist.

• dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭✭

I have to show ID to vote!

• El LuchadorEl Luchador Member Posts: 1

It's the law that you need to be a citizen to vote, but they want to make it illegal to make someone prove it? Also saying minorities are to stupid to get Identification isn't racist but asking them for one is?

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

I have adopted a new definition for the word "racist"

Anyone who starts at a starting line and does his or her best to get to the finish line first.

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

To answer your OP question, BECAUSE YOU ARE WHITE.

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭

"Let me circle back to that later!"

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

There is Nothing Racist about asking for ID. If anything, it is the ultimate equalizer. EVERYONE is asked for ID.

Go try to buy Beer. Etc.

• fatcat458fatcat458 Member Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

An recent incident at our Prompt Care illustrates ID requirements. Sitting in the waiting this young Black teen walks to the desk asking to see the DR. The lady at the desk who was also Black said she needed to see an ''ID'' before he could see the DR. He insisted he did NOT have but was Very Sick and must see the DR. Desk lady snapped back, ''Nobody sees the DR without ID. Those are the RULES''. Was she being raciest?? NOPE. As she said, ''No ID , No DR''.

btw. Teen came back shortly with ID and then got to see the DR