In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Older Redfield 4 screw scope ring screws

Does anyone have or can tell me where to find the torx screws for older Redfield scope rings that took 4 screws per ring. These have a smaller diameter screw than the newer Redfield rings that take 2 screws per ring and I have been told they are a 5x44 thread but I don't know. Any info is appreciated.

Comments

• chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭✭

If you are willing to accept the slotted head screws, then you can get the older style ring screws from GunGarage on eeeebay. The older Redfield ring that uses 4 screws is indeed a 5-44 thread.

• 338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

chris8x57 your reply is appreciated but I was hoping to deal with one of our Gunbroker members I don't care for ebays stance on firearms. I will keep looking, again thanks for the info. Terrill

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

I needed some 6-32 screws for a Leupold base with torx heads on them. I went down to my local ACE hardware store and found them in a slotted fillister head, and was surprised to see the assortment they had. I did have to cut them down a bit though.

• 338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

toad67 I will go to town and give Ace a look thanks for info.