In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

West Virginia making changes to Guns & ammo taxes

Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,311 ******

"In contrast to California, which is aiming to jack up ammo taxes, West Virginia is looking to remove them outright.

Last Thursday Governor Jim Justice signed H.R. 2499 which will remove the state’s sales tax on firearms and ammunition, this will go into effect on July 1st. The legislation will also offer tax credits to firearms and ammunition manufactures, this will make the state even more of a safe haven for the firearms industry."

I wish Texas would do this!

Comments

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

WOW, they will get some companies to move there. That will NEVER happen in ILLINOIS, the land of the commie politicians.

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, I am in shock. Maybe I should pull off I81 next trip to Va. and check out some of those hollows. Was thinking about visiting Tennessee. Always liked West Virginia. Son is a ME Grad. from WVAU.-----------------------------Ray, Native Son of Virginia

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

West Virginia is a very pretty state. I always thought the Kanawha River at Charleston was beautiful. I used to stop at the Morris Watch Shop in Milton. In fact I tried to buy the inventory when the man died but they had a ton of really nice guns and would only sell it all at one time. I only had $100,000 in cash to work with and they had way more than that. In the back there were racks of old lever guns and all kinds of neat guns.

• wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭

Ricci, Morris watch shop was a great place for something uncommon. They had a lot of items that were hard to find. I bought several guns from them. There was a lady named Doris that really knew guns and I don't remember the boss lady's name but she was very knowledgeable also. I bought a 12ga VH Parker that is absolutely gorgeous from them which was pulled out of the back. I believe I looked at about 8-10 Parkers they had before buying this one. It was a nice gun shop for sure.

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin

WAY TO GO WV!!!!!!!

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't see that one coming.

Good going WV.

• Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Tooth brush was invented in WV.🙃

• SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

While I agree with the sentiment I do not agree with the action. I gun is a tool, ammunition powers the tool. If other tools are taxed guns should be taxed too. Like wise guns and ammunition should not be taxed higher than other tools.