In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Another Mass Shooting Means More Gun Control?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in Politics

It seems to be happening more often now and Those red flag laws are coming. Along with firearms Bans and confiscation. It's not tin foil anymore. America looks ripe and ready For Biden to finally push it through.

serf

The US has reported at least 45 mass shootings in the last month

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/us/mass-shootings-45-one-month/index.html

When eight people died in a mass shooting at an Indianapolis FedEx facility Thursday night, the news was compounded by a string of similar incidents that preceded it.

Starting on March 16, when eight people were killed at three Atlanta-area spas, the US has had at least 45 mass shootings from California to Washington, DC.

Analysis: A return to normal in America means a return to violence

CNN defines a mass shooting as a shooting incident that results in four or more casualties (dead or wounded), excluding the shooter or shooters.

When the Government Does Whatever It Wants

https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/rule_by_fiat_when_the_government_does_whatever_it_wants

This brings me back to those red flag gun laws.

In the short term, these gun confiscation laws may serve to temporarily delay or discourage those wishing to inflict violence on others, but it will not resolve whatever madness or hate or instability therein that causes someone to pull a trigger or launch a bomb or unleash violence on another.

Indeed, those same individuals sick enough to walk into an elementary school or a movie theater and open fire using a gun can and do wreak just as much havoc with homemade bombs made out of pressure cookers and a handful of knives.

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Biden has always been and anti-gunner, now he is a senile anti-gunner. They will never let a crisis go unused to advance their agenda. This will spark (D) hysteria and action against the 2nd Amendment.

I see and outright ban on AR type rifles and "high capacity" magazines.

It might be a good time to stock up on revolvers and their ammo and get back to the range learning how to handle a wheel gun. The .357 mag 125JHP is still a one shot man stopper.

It might behoove you to get a few bolt action rifles in the calibers most used, like .223/5.56 and 308.

We are in for a L-O-N-G four years with Biden.

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Out right ban with confiscation then four years of Biden won't matter,In my opinion. Any semi automatic pistol or rifle will be unlawful if I read between the lines of your post. It's all doom and gloom now.

serf

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

We may eventually know the motivation behind this attack, not that it matters or changes the facts.

One thing we have to keep in the forefront of our thoughts is that we have spent a year under very oppressive Governments, particularly State and Local Governments imposing emotion-based restrictions upon a supposedly free populace. There are people that cannot exist under these conditions, and they will crack, break, or simply lash out.

This is far from over, and while it will never end completely will substantially reduce once we force governments to eliminate restrictions of all types and let Americans do what Americans are supposed to do; think and act for themselves.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

I have seen reported he had mental issues and was visited by the FBI and local LEO last year

they took a shotgun away from him never gave it back and put him on low level watch list they took him to the hospital ( as normal my guess out in a day or two ) I hear they were asking for mental health help for him

but like countless others wondering our streets too a big a burden to pay for so on the street and back home they go then they commit crime or like this fellow kill and then its the guns fault

its the big pink elephant in the room ( mental health ) and avoided at all cost no one will touch it or talk about funding

just a guess on my part they knew he had issues and ? if he was declared to have mental problems he still bought ? a rifle that means he passed the back ground checks no one had added to his history about not allowing him to buy another one well so much for all that BS rules

we all know the big hammer gun laws are aimed to dis arm the public they can not stand us possibly having the means to fight them they are aware criminals do not follow any laws and only get there wrist slapped any way

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

"I have seen reported he had mental issues and was visited by the FBI and local LEO last year"

WHY was the FBI involved with this case????????

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

Because they needed a mass shooting..???.. makes you think doesn't it...

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Same song second verse a little bit louder a little bit worse.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

The police dept said that could not build a case on him with in a 14 day window with the Red Flag laws,so now they will probably extend investigation time. I see where they will just take your Firearms and allow 6 months of investigations & force psychiatric testing along with police stops and searches to see if your are following the law. In the end your rights will not be restore without a good lawyer with expert testimony to refute their experts.

It won't be cheap and like I said before you get as much justice as you can buy here in America.

serf