In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Newsom is on his way out it seems.

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking the marxists and their propaganda wing (corporate media) have learned they can blatantly steal any election, anytime, anywhere.

Slim chance Feloozi, and her minions, will not pull every dirty trick in the marxist arsenal to make sure her nephew retains his crown.

Arrivederci gigi
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited April 2021

I still remember when those of us who were living in CA removed Gov. Gray Davis and the replaced him with Arnold. What was the Gun Broker reward for such drastic action? Were Californians welcomed back into the GB fold? Were the refusals to sell guns and ammo to CA lifted in the GB auctions? Did the GB forum members suddenly become welcoming, or at east friendly to those living in CA? No, none of that occurred.

In fact, the old school forum hardliners, often referred to as the Friends of Fun, in reference to Captain Fun- who was once in charge of the forums but has since been relegated to being typical forum member (guess who made that happen?). Those same hardliners discounted everything positive that occurred in CA and continued to punish CA members by association.

In the meantime, the old forum hardliners have essentially been silenced or removed from the forum. I'm sure that disappoints the few who still hold on to the dream that the forum might revert back to the days of members openly denouncing others as being "Butt hurt liberal trolls." Bet you haven't heard that for a while!

If I'm mistaken about any of this, speak up and correct me.

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Mark, CA has a tough row to hoe. It makes some moves sometimes that seem encouraging only to back track in short order and sometimes worse than before. I'm not sure I'd even tout Arnold as being super gun friendly or conservative, but he was a lot better than Davis that is for certain.

I'm not a seller, so can't speak to that issue very well, but my understanding is that there were (are?) a few extra hoops to jump through to sell to folks there? People don't like hoop jumping and I don't blame them, but it always seemed like they could charge extra for the extra hoops or something?? I don't know. All I do know is there are still a lot of heavily armed folks in CA and I personally only want to see that grow. People that can't defend themselves are ripe targets and that makes me sad and fearful for them.

I've made a lot of comments about wanting to see CA fall into the ocean and of course that's mainly been from frustration based on how the majority of the population there seems to act in regards to politics, culture, and moral values. It's not fair to judge the whole state that way because there are a lot of more conservative folks there, once you get outside of the Hollywood/LA/SanFran power holds.

Anyway, no, you aren't mistaken.

And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

Note to forum members:

Mark has requested that you correct him if he is mistaken.

Do not, and I repeat; Do Not disagree with him.

There are millions of good people who live in California, and of these millions, there are many who do their best to reverse the destruction of 2nd Amendment Rights started by Ronald Reagan when he was Governor. It is probably an impossible goal given where the state is today, but to sacrifice those of our brethren simply because they choose to live in such a naturally beautiful state is contra-productive.

I abandoned Washington State because the majority of the citizens turned away from liberty. If the opportunity arises, I will still support the minority that did not.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

I seen a short clip of him calling out the republican's for destroying / undermining all the good he and the dems have done for CA. by tossing him out and now the all "great" antigun good they have done for the state may go away

will they change ? I doubt it but has to be a better leader out there

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

It is unfortunate that everyone in CA gets painted with the same brush. Unfortunately, what many of us see as CA, is the overpowering presence of the ultra liberal coastal cities from Frisco to San Diego. The liberal elites have taken control and ignore everyone else. Just look at the red and blue county maps from the 2016 and 2020 elections. Oregon and Washington state have much the same pattern.

With the liberal push for DC and Puerto Rico statehood, it is time to take a good hard look at the geographical boundaries of numerous existing states. The lines drawn decades or centuries ago may have made sense then, but they need to be looked at under a 2021 lens.

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭

IMHO, and from a historical perspective each successive governor in DEMOCRAT majority states. IE, CA, WA, NY etc have been further to the left. Look at Cuomo, Inslee, Newsome was worse than Brown etc...