In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Supreme Court to take up MAJOR 2nd Amendment case

new york state rifle and pistol association v. corlett will be heard by the Supreme Court!

Article below

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-major-gun-rights-appeal-concealed-carry-handguns-in-public

Comments

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

So I understand that the supreme court will be hearing an upcoming case regarding the second amendment ability to carry arms.....based on a case from NY.

Any thoughts? I think I understand the origins of the case (laws that make it restrictive) to transport firearms within NY even between home and range. In my opinion it will expand to the question of "constitutional carry" for all of the states.

This is the first time that the supreme court has addressed a 2nd Amendment argument since the Heller decision.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,345 ******

The article I read seemed to imply what the SCOTUS "said" they would review was very limited and probably won't mean much outside of NY, but I guess it is good that they are at least gonna look at 2nd amendment case...

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,258 ******

I am not hopeful for a net positive outcome. They will likely rule that 2A means bear when it says bear, but they will throw in all manner of bad with that small nod to word definitions. Probably limiting where and when and probably limiting the "what" of what can be borne.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,258 ******

It's all but guaranteed we will get a mixed bag on the ruling.

And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain