In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Job Title is Being Created!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in Politics

Yep the first time I seen it! it's called THE RACE equity officer. Now I wonder if whites are covered?

serf

https://thehawkinscompany.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Chief-R-and-E-Recruitment-Brochure-Final.pdf

The City of San Diego, California is conducting a national search for a Chief of Race & Equity. This position will lead the newly created Office of Race and Equity, a City department. Established in June 2020, the Office of Race and Equity is a deliberate step toward advancing racial and social equity in the City of San Diego. Through strategic initiatives grounded in best practices, this position will play a pivotal role in ensuring equity, creating new policies and driving reforms in existing policies, procedures, and practices in City employment, City services, and City culture.The Office of Race & Equity is responsible for providing education and technical support to City staff, local law enforcement, and elected officials, and implementing programs and policies in order to sustainably reduce and eliminate systemic racism and barriers to fair and just distribution of resources, access, and opportunity.The Chief of Race & Equity shall be the visionary leader, advocate and catalyst to advance equity and social justice initiatives that achieve results.

In conjunction with the Equal Opportunity Contracting Program and the Citizens Equal Opportunity Commission, work to increase opportunities for women-owned, minority-owned, disadvantaged- owned, and disadvantaged veteran-owned businesses in City contracting.

Comments

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Equality should be the goal, never equity. Equity always means favoring some at the expense of others. There is zero fairness in equity.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

San Diego was once the last bastion of hope for Southern California.

Yet another positively magnificent city destined for the trash heap.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

It was. I'm not sure it's wholly lost, but it is on it's way, seemingly.

And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

I recall back in November 2016 when Orange County, which had been my home county and was one of the last bastions of conservatism in CA, went for Hillary. 6 months later, I was out of there I living in Florida! At some point you know that the battle has been fought and you've lost. I miss California as I once knew it, but not as I left it. Even so, I sent money to aid in the recall of Gov. Newsome.

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,312 ******

mark christian "I miss California as I once knew it, but not as I left it. Even so, I sent money to aid in the recall of Gov. Newsome."

Me also! Only I left a lot sooner than you did and for Texas, but still the majority of my family still stuck there fighting there good fight.

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

Nope, whites don't count. In today's newspaper, there is an article about how the Denver Broncos have hired a new diversity VP. Sooooooo, given that 70% of NFL players are black, do you suppose that new VP's job will be to get more white players? Huh?????

NBA is the same way, but 80% black.

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Race equity means better welfare benefits for all minorities. It's been that way for years but it's improving.Wait until they need housing for all those fatherless children with single moms that are crying about it now especially with all the illegals coming in and hoping for all the freebies. . If you don't qualify then you are most likely a white male who deserves nothing.

serf

https://singlemothersgrants.org/housing-programs-that-help-single-mothers-with-home-ownership/

Section 8 housing, also known as the Housing Choice Voucher program, offers rental assistance to low-income residents. Receive a voucher as high as $2,000 per month to rent or buy property. Contact your local public housing agency (PHA) to apply. Visit the website link for more information.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Money will not make blacks smarter. Free education will not get them to go to college or a university. First of all they have to be smart enough to enter the work force . Regardless the out come they will complain that they are being held back.

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

As a group of mixed cultures having offspring the bell curve will drop For all eventually to a more even distribution.

serf