In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Vaccines are available. Why continued mandates?

Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

In virtually every area of this country, anyone can make an appointment today and get vaccinated within a day or two. We have an excess of vaccine available for those who want to use it.

With this being the case, it is high time governments at all levels fully lift any and all restrictions and mandates. Recommendations are fine, but there is no reason to limit businesses and mandate the wearing of face masks to protect those that have chosen to not protect themselves.

We have crossed over from protection out of ignorance to ridiculous oppression of some based upon the choices of others.

I don't care if someone chooses to not get the vaccine. I do care when control freak politicians limit the actions of all because of this choice.

All restrictions upon business and upon individuals would cease today if America was America.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

Comments

• US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭

It is about "control" and not "cure".

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited April 2021

Yep and yep to USMG, and truthful.

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

Don, you know the answer, like me, it is the why that really pisses you off.

If Trump were POTUS we wouldn't be having to put up with this Sh*@t,

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

Currently they're attempting to use shame to encourage compliance by those folks who have more sense than to be voluntarily injected with an unknown substance developed to prevent infection by a possibly moderately dangerous virus.

I'd like to see true data on the numbers who haven't been vaccinated. No way to know just how much of the data on infected people was falsified but I'm certain a substantial amount.

I'm 70ish, have a recurring problem with pneumonia, and had Covid in December 2019. I didn't die(didn't even go to the Dr) but was quite sick for a week. Am I going to get the vaccine---ABSOLUTELY NOT.

• sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

My mother was recently hospitalized for a broken hip. The hospital had a visitation policy of 1 visitor in any 24 hr period. Screening and mask wearing was required, but social distancing from your loved one was not enforced.

She has since been transferred to a Manor Care rehab center. We had to lobby hard with medicare for this particular center because it was one of the better ones locally, but still only rated 2 1/2 stars. Left to their own devices, medicare would have sent her to a toilet bowl facility.

This facility has a visitation policy of 2 visitors (at the same time) max, once a week, in a designated room, with strict distancing enforced by a social distancing "ambassador" (Gestapo) who sits in the room listening to every word of your conversation.

My brother and sister were able to have this week's allowed visit. My mother has been vaccinated, my brother and sister have been vaccinated. My assumption is that every member of the staff has been vaccinated, probably as a requisite for employment, and that most, if not all, of the residents have been, as a condition of admission. But still, the same draconian limitations as if there were no vaccine at all.

We see our hapless leader and his trashy sidekick on stage together, 12-15 ft apart, both wearing masks after having been vaccinated last year. So what kind of message do they send as to the benefits of the vaccine?

I see no reason to receive an experimental injection, if your expectation is that it might lead to the end of these ridiculous, authoritarian restrictions.

It won't!!

Arrivederci gigi
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

Yes I have a son and two grandsons.

I refuse to wear a mask for them and their future freedom.

And to your comment regarding logic: Minor children are at less risk from the magical Covid than from the common flu. While it is true that the elderly are hit harder by Covid, the myth that there is a statistically significant risk to or from children has been debunked in all honest data and analysis.

Zero logic to your statement. The elderly needed to be protected and they have all had the chance to get vaccinated. The young were never and are not now at risk. They are, however, being conditioned to submit because of the collectivist vision that government is tasked with protecting us from our own choices.

Brad Steele
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

"So how do you know you had covid?"

Honest opinion of knowledgeable medical professionals. How do YOU know I didn't?

"The first cases in North America were reported in the United States in January 2020. "

According to truth or propaganda? People inside the health care profession contend this virus was moving around the US at least 2-3 months prior to January 2020.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,279 ******

I had same back in late Oct. 2019. Felt so bad I Went in to walk in clinic, had to retain poop samples which took 3 weeks to get results. Pretty much recovered during that time and all the results said was I had a VIRUS.

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Mask mandates and "social distancing" whatever thehell that is are examples of Government Control over the individual much like getting a CCW permit.

Shopping in stores mandating the mask are not helping in the matter. Comply or do not enter is normal around here. Ohio's moronic Governor is as bad as governor as he was as a US senator.

I got the flu in December 2020. Was it COVID? I don't know. In my job I am exposed to many people and it may well have been.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Places around here are vacant with anyone wanting the vaccination

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

I have quietly listened to the 'Seatbelt Law' analogy for the last time.

Yesterday it was pointed out yet again to me that people accept a seatbelt law. I pointed out that a lot of people do not wear seatbelts, but we do not restrict travel or speed on the interstate highways because of it.

Personal choice. One person's choice to not get vaccinated does not empower government to restrict the actions of population. If you personally want to wear one, go ahead. Do not do it because some government stooge tells you to do it.

Brad Steele
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Having a past involving race cars on a dirt track and coupled with being a goofy looking feller not interested in doing a face plant into a steering wheel I choose to wear a seatbelt. Not because of my driving ability. I have that in spades after 1.75 million miles driven, but for the morons that may smack me. Law or not I would wear a seatbelt. I have had to replace the seatbelt in my truck because I wore it out from the thousands of times it was used. I don't ever put the truck or car in gear unless the seatbelt is on.

COVID vaccines? Again a personal choice and none of Commie Joe's damm business. I have so far chosen not to get one, more because of my needle phobia than a general objection to the shot contents. I am also going to wait to see if folks develop a toe growing out of their ear before going through the traumatizing experience of getting a shot that may or may not work but will for sure hurt like hell when they ram that dang dull telephone pole sized needle into my precious body.