In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Colonial Pipeline is attack by a secret enemy.

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

More leftist Terrorism in my opinion which they deny of course! Do you see a pattern here,first it was elections here with so called secret software that won it for The Democrats and now it's terrorism on Oil related businesses.

We now have new players in the21st century, so called honest software engineers and software Hackers that are terrorists. I guess you can change your hat at will now and rule the world without firing a shot. Cyber warfare is here and you just don't know it yet. Maybe N. Korea or Russia would have a clue who it is?

serf

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/10/hacking-group-darkside-reportedly-responsible-for-colonial-pipeline-shutdown.html

Colonial Pipeline shutdown

On Monday, Cybereason provided CNBC with a new statement from DarkSide’s website that appears to address the Colonial Pipeline shutdown.

Under a heading, “About the latest news,” DarkSide claimed it’s not political and only wants to make money without causing problems for society.

“We are apolitical, we do not participate in geopolitics, do not need to tie us with a defined government and look for our motives,” the statement said. “Our goal is to make money, and not creating problems for society. From today we introduce moderation and check each company that our partners want to encrypt to avoid social consequences in the future.”

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

It doesn't matter if they are left or right leaning if their goal is just to make money through ransomware. It sounds to me like they are nothing but greedy cyber criminals operating out of one of the former Soviet countries. The big question would be whether or not they are state sponsored or encouraged.

Stupidly no one has learned that computers for critical infrastructure should be air gapped and not connected to any network. Kind of a no brainer to know that having no network connection minimizes any intrusion possibilities. Bob

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

No intrusions by internet or wifi but by USB ports is another way but much harder to implant. Or is it? Make a computer with no ports will be coming to A.I. if not already.Which is a brain that will reach the singular point if big enough in the cloud. Don't you think?

The NWO likes money and will stoope to ransom to control an agenda just like any other human endeavor. The Wuhan virus or rigged elections are other tools they may have used too. Will never know but absolution at any cost is evil.

serf

Kind of a no brainer to know that having no network connection minimizes any intrusion possibilities

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,275 ******

There just is no justice. Between telemarketers to cyber hackers, nobody gets caught and punished.

I can see why so many take up this criminal trade.

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

Been saying all along this event is no big deal. Just wait until the DEMOCRATs fulfil their campaign promises on plans to halt domestic production of petroleum products and impose exorbitant taxes on carbon emissions.

Biden, with a single EO took out the Keystone XL pipeline along with 20K jobs

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

A total disaster foreign countries know how to embrace

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder what Putin's cut was on the deal. Another perfect crime has been pulled off with no violence just larceny.

serf

Colonial Pipeline Paid Hackers Nearly $5 Million in Ransom

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-13/colonial-pipeline-paid-hackers-nearly-5-million-in-ransom