In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Top U.S. general warns of broader destabilization risk from Israel-Palestinian war

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Yep it's about that time on the table. Will BiBi back off? Or will he finally finish the job?

serf

https://news.trust.org/item/20210517193202-z5lb4

BRUSSELS, May 17 (Reuters) - The top U.S. military officer, Army General Mark Milley, warned on Monday of the risk of broader destabilization beyond Gaza without a de-escalation in the fighting between Israel and Palestinian militants.

After more than a week of fighting, Milley noted Israel's actions were in self-defense but also cautioned that the levels of violence were such that "it's in no one's interest to continue fighting."

"My assessment is that you risk broader destabilization and you risk a whole series of negative consequences if the fighting continues," Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters shortly before landing in Brussels for talks with NATO allies.

"So in my view, I think de-escalation is a smart course of action at this point for all parties concerned."

Comments