In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I'm starting to get a little bit nervous.

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Mailed a rifle on 5/13/2021 to Virginia, a distance of less than 250 miles and it still is not there. Ten days and the USPS just says it is still on its way but will arrive late.

Comments

• redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭

Shipping is still not running smooth. I had a FedEx overnight package take a month to reach me and 2 day ground almost never makes it in two days. Don't worry yet..

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

Happens a lot Ricci and it's not just USPS. I don't see this getting any better.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

tracking numbers are worthless anymore. Items are not being scan, so they only show in transit.

• Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah try sending something to Kotzebue Alaska. You pay for overnight, guaranteed delivery, and it still takes 2-3 weeks.

The only answer is Gold Streak, where it apparently goes under the pilot's feet or in his hip pocket. That'll be $70 thank you very much.

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

no one to drive the loads

• oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

It’ll show up, give it time.

I had an inbound revolver, priority second day USPS “in transit to the destination” for 12 days before showed up in Honolulu .... in route from Florida to Missouri. Three days after it showed up in Honolulu, it was at my FFL.

During the time it was missing, since it was a handgun, I filed a lost package report with USPS. EVERY WEEK for 6 months USPS sent me an email that they were still looking for it. The last email said they were closing out my lost package report since they couldn’t find it-sorry. What a joke!

And this was before shipping went *.

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭

Too bad it can't hitch a ride on one of the million Amazon trucks out every day!

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭

Its taking a long time for some areas to get deliveries on time.

I had a few take over two weeks for priority mail.

Nice think is you can track that they still have it.

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

Put in for a lost package as soon as you can and tell them it is a firearm on the document, and THEN it seems they show up. Done it three times this last two months and BOOOM!

• firstharmonicfirstharmonic Member Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

Bought an 1861 musket barrel on GunBroker about seven weeks ago, the seller shipped it promptly and sent me the tracking numbers for the USPS. It took four weeks and two days to go from Delaware to west Michigan. I was just glad it finally made it.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Buyer is probably more nervous

• circuitouscircuitous Member Posts: 1

Thats called a tomorrow delivery.......always coming but never arrives.

• buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭✭

I sent 2 old pellet rifles USPS from here in SC,sent at the same time.One to California got there in 3 days,the other to Missouri took 2 weeks.

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

Well?? Did it show up ???

• oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭

We might have a winner.

My wife mailed our Christmas cards the Friday after Thanksgiving. True story! Stamp must have fallen off one. It came back insufficient postage Thursday (June 3rd). How can that happen? Where was it for six months?

She took pictures of the envelope and the card and emailed it to our friends.

• B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

File the missing package report NOW! It has been 7 days. I have had to file 6 in the last 15 months. Three are gone forever. The others took a month or better.

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

It was never missing. Stuff just takes a long time right now. I just received a check that took 13 days from Penn. to N.C.

Two certified letters return receipt locally one mailed 5 months ago and the other 3 months ago... Crickets

• B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

My local postmaster told me a Letter sized, stamped mail piece, just dropped in a mail slot at the post office has a much better chance of getting through the system in a timely fashion than a certified or priority mail piece.

He said a letter sized piece with a largely written very legible zip code will fly through the automated system. A certified mail piece has to be touched by human beings, scanned AND photographed. (he showed me photos of my mailed payment!)

Every time this occurs through the journey there is a possibility of an accident. Add to that that they are understaffed, a piece may sit in a bin for a week until somebody can get to it.

• roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭

Thoughts of privatizing the usps come to mind ... can u imagine an enjoyable visit to the po

Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭

Hang in there. I ordered a book off of Amazon in May, it was a used book from Goodwill of Nashville Tn. They took it to the US Post Office, last I checked Goodwill is not a con operation.

It arrived here exactly 4 weeks later. A distance of about 250 miles. Hell I could walk from Nashville to here in less time than that. Something is screwed up with USPS but if you are patient, your package may yet arrive.

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

And some people want the government to run everything.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain

Not lost just cant find it ,, misplaced