In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone else watching to see what happens

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Today with Exxon Mobil? Engine No1 put 2 of there green power folks on the board. They have threatened to change the business into a green company..........OK. The stock has not been doing to great in the last 2 years but they are paying dividends albeit reduced.

I bought the stock cheap after the Exon Valdes mess I have been thinking of getting out and going with Total Oil.

RLTW

Comments

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Gas going, going, going upppp.

Why don't the large companies tell the left facing commies to pound sand?? There has to be some motive involving money.

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Believe it or not a lot of the big oil and gas company's are getting on the global warming bandwagon. Its all about perception, they want to be seen as "Good" guys not evil oil.

Gas prices have gone up because supply and demand. We are no longer the #1 supplier of oil that we were 2 years ago. That and demand is coming back while supply is low.

RLTW

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin

Yep, plus there's some awesome coin to be banked with governments squandering taxpayer money on "green" crap projects. Companies are all about making money.

Environmental, Social and Governance issues known as ESG.

This is what big company's are looking at right now. They don't want to be "canceled" or seen as mean. I have been investing and following the market for 40 years and this is a 1st for me.

My wife had to take some Mandatory training today. Like most she is working from home and on the computer all day either in zoom meetings or some other stuff. I had nothing to do so I decided to join her in her training.

What a load of crapola. Its all about divershity and acceptance. The class was given by the new person they just hired, a divershity coach. Whats next. Oh yea and the job comes with a nice paycheck too.

This is a publicly traded company.

pardon my spelling I barely graduated HS😉

RLTW

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

I think it's in response to Shell being sued? Maybe?

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain

This is who Engine no1 is:

We are Engine No. 1 — an investment firm purpose-built to create long-term value by harnessing the power of capitalism. We believe a company’s performance is greatly enhanced by the investments it makes in workers, communities, and the environment. We believe that over time the interests of Main Street and Wall Street align, and we can engage as active owners to create value by focusing on this alignment.

They have worked on re-aligning company's to be more eco friendly and socially acceptable to the weirdo's.

Shell is being sued because Milieudefensie, a Dutch wack a doodle outfit. They are claiming Shell is in violation of the Paris agreement. Another reason to get out of it. Shell is accused of being responsible for climate change. You bet that Exon is watching to see what happens. This will set a precedence, especially now that dementia Joe has signed back on.

RLTW

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,311 ******

I have been in XOM for quite awhile and collect the dividend, I also trade it usually a couple times a year, usually if price is low enough, I'll buy it to get the divy, then sell it some point after ex-div day if up a few bucks... I think XOM will be fine as will most the majors including shell. The oil patch stock to buy about a year ago was diamondback ticker FANG I was told to get around $24 but was too leary at the time, I did get in earlier this year and it is doing OK, hind sight is 20-20...