In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Big Oil confronted with 'day of reckoning'

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2021 in Politics

So gasoline is just up a dollar a gallon and The Government says inflation is transitory and will go away and don't expect any increase in interest rates plus Government debt is manageable and can be increase exponentially without any devaluation of the dollar any time soon.

Don't worry sheple everything is copacetic and you can trust Congress guidance in all things'they have your back! So keep drinking the koolaide and vote for your favorite political candidates for the temple of democracy in D.C.

serf

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/Big-Oil-confronted-with-day-of-reckoning-on-16205983.php

An activist investor won at least two seats on the board of Exxon Mobil, shaking up corporate oversight of the nation’s largest oil company. Shareholders at rival Chevron backed a climate proposal urging the oil giant to cut customers’ carbon emissions. And a Dutch court ordered Royal Dutch Shell to cut its greenhouse gas emissions by 45 percent by end of the decade — double the reductions Shell had planned.

“This is certainly a day of reckoning, not just for Exxon, but for investors,” said Anne Simpson, managing investment director of California’s public employees’ pension fund, one of the largest institutional investors that backed the activist campaign against Exxon. “Today’s developments showed that investors are moving from talk to action.”

Yep! And the big squezze is just around the corner. The Green revolution is here to stay!

Comments

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭

Dont blame me, I voted straight ticket GOP.

Under the Trump presidency, we were oil independent and a major exporter. Oil was cheap.

Biden and the DEMOCRATs are doing exactly what they said they were going to do and still people voted for them.

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,312 ******

They got on to the board so they can get bought off... Fossil fuel ain't going anywhere for a long time.... all IMHO.