In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

turned that sucker into a pretzel.

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Tried to remove the flash hider on the hardened Arms 300AAC upper to install the suppressor adapter. Figured a quick tap on the wrench handle with a brass mallet should work.

Well, it did work, I twisted the gas tube into a pretzel.

I have all the AR tools including the upper vise block but I was too lazy to remove the optics.

So, I now get to pay a stupid tax for a gas tube. They are ordered, two in carbine length two on mid length for stock.

Comments

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,348 ******
  • Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah let’s talk about brass brake lines and fittings on 60s Land Rovers. twist Permabrakes.

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

"I have all the AR tools including the upper vise block but I was too lazy to remove the optics."

I would recommend NOT using an "upper vise block" when removing extremely tight muzzle devices. That can damage the upper and/or the barrel extension locator pin.

The safest way is to clamp the barrel in a vise using a piece of heater hose for grip and finish protection. The closer to the muzzle device, the better.