In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Covid vaccine. A good reason to get vaccinated as soon as possible.

SoreShoulderSoreShoulder Member Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭
edited May 2021 in Politics

They say a few people have experienced some side effects from the Covid vaccine. They also say Covid has a 99.64% survivability rate and so why bother risking the vaccine?

One answer is the fact that the longer the virus is out there in large numbers of people, the more likely it is to mutate. It could potentially get deadlier.

Getting vaccinated may decrease a person's ability to transmit the disease.

Comments

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

That seems a little extreme but a sure fire way not to get the virus Gregor62.

😄

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭

it has ALREADY mutated SEVERAL times. Thats what viruses do when they do not want to be beaten. That is what the flu does, thats why no ONE flu shot can work. Others like polo did not mutate, so once and done with the vaccine. Unfortunatly that ship has sailed for COVID.

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

What flavor was the Kool Aid that you got?

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

it will mutate vaccine or not

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,308 ***** Forums Admin

Don't think it really matters that much when it's all Kool Aid.....

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

our family has decided we will just risk it

the people seem to have more problems with side effects with the shots and who knows which ones work or fake that seems to change weekly also then the ones who do not get the shot

besides every year the flu changes so why would covid not keep changing also my body my choice big brother can keep his nose out of my personal life

Just wait until the "timed release" takes place and all the vaccinated suckers turn into ZOMBIES.

Sooo......Whats the point of your post then? You agree that it has been around, and it HAS ALREADY mutated. So, vaccinated or not, it will continue to mutate and could "potentially get deadlier." I'm in the crowd that believes it is MY choice. I have NO issues at all if someone chooses to get vaccinated, THEIR choice. It amazes me that someone who is vaccinated(and protected according to the theory of vaccines) would be worried about ME not being vaccinated. IF you are immune, then I cannot affect you. Lots of reasons to get the shot, and lots of reasons to not get the shot. Each person is different.

• wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭

The more they attempt to push, shame and bribe to get people vaccinated the less I'm inclined to do so. In 20 years in the military I've taken more than my fair share of shots but this time around the way they are incessantly pushing it, particularly the lame stream press, raises red flags in my mind.

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

Odds are this virus will never be eradicated as was pretty much done with polio and smallpox.

That said the fewer times it replicates, the fewer variants will be produced.

As a group, we are better off with every new person recovered from the disease and with every new person vaccinated.

In a couple of years we will know which method immunity is stronger and/or lasts longer. Then, as now, the choice to get vaccinated against this thing should be just that; a choice.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Should be left to each individual to choose to be shot or not to be shot.

No pressure, no perks, no you must do this so you can do that.

Ain't no ones darn business what I choose to do or don't do.

What sore said.

What sxsnuf said!

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

mich is at a flat 58.1% vax

Sign on the door at several local businesses: "If you have been vaccinated, you are not required to wear a mask. If you have NOT been vaccinated, please wear a mask."

I saw some patrons with masks but most w/o but no one was asking(I don't think it's even legal to ask).

HIPPA law migh come into affect.

None of no ones da--n business if you have or have not been "shot"

• AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not so sure about HIPPA. When I went to the doctor with symptoms, tested, and treated, I started getting phone calls from the health dept. and a letter, telling me what I had to do. Apparently, your health information is no longer confidential (if it ever was).

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

If 6 vaccinated people have actually caught the KungFlu, SoreShoulder, it is a big deal.

There are no doubt cases of the KungFlu that are being diagnosed because of the vaccine antibodies, however, so a less anecdotal finding will be of greater importance.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

A person is about 1100 times more likely to have a serious issue or death from COVID 19 than they are from the vaccine.

This discussion has been closed.