In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 101 Combination gun 7x57/12 GA BOAR Model

trawlertrawler Member Posts: 62 ✭✭✭

I am considering a Winchester 101 Combination O/U. 7x57 and 12 GA "Boar" Model. Please share any information on these, including the years made, where made, and the value of one in 95% condition. If you own one, what is your opinion, and would you recommend that I buy one. Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭

I believe that it was made in Japan at the Olin-Kodensha plant where all of the other 101s of that period were produced. Years of the production for the combo guns were from 1983 - 1985. As for value, I don't have a clue. They weren't well received by the buying public here in the states so relatively few were sold here. They were more popular in Europe and with the European style of hunting sold fairly well there. It was a very well built firearm and if you are comfortable with the asking price then that is what it is worth. Bob

• Options
    trawlertrawler Member Posts: 62 ✭✭✭

Thank you for the information. I didn't think they were too common in the U.S. as I had never seen one before, and was unaware that they were made. Based on rarity and quality, but considering that demand may be low, I think the value should be between $2500-$3500 depending on condition. As you said, it is worth what someone is willing to pay and I feel I can buy or sell one somewhere in that range. I like European style guns such as the CZ, HK, Steyr, Krico, and the M-S carbines. The 7x57 Mauser, the 7x64 Brenneke, and the 6.5x55 Swedish are three of my favorite calibers. Thank you again for your reply.