In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Buying a Firearm

Baseball50Baseball50 Member Posts: 1

Can I purchase a firearm eg; M1 Garand with my normal FOID card and then have my local Gun Dealer use his FFL for shipping and Handling purposes?

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

Welcome to the Gun Broker forums.

For purposes of the auctions, the FOID has no bearing as it is required only at point of transfer- the rifle is being shipped to your dealer and not directly to you. Find a rifle, bid away, and when you win you will provide the seller with your dealer's FFL. When the rifle reaches your dealer is when you will you need the FOID.

I think that this answers your question.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,345 ******

I would add to what Mark has said above, to make sure your LGS dealer is aware of your purchase, prior to bidding if it is the first time you will be using their service just to avoid any issues, not a requirement, just a good idea imho.

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭✭

First - if the seller is not an FFL holder - be sure you ask your receiving FFL agent if they well accept from an individual with photo ID such as a driver's license. (My receiving FFL agent won't.) If not be sure they ship through an FFL holder. May be an extra expense - but will prevent a problem of the receiving FFL agent refusing and returning the shipment. Best Regards - AQH

• Options
    Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

Another possible option is to get a C&R FFL and have the Garand shipped directly to you.

I think the cost is like $30 for 3 years. Not sure of the wait time for a new application but renewals are about 30 days if memory serves me correctly.

• Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭

And if you need to find a FFL that will be the receiving dealer, go to the home page of gunbroker.com, and use the "Find a FFL" search tool.