In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FT. Monmouth, NJ

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

Any alums out there? I was there 01-64 for almost a year as a 810 draftsman.

It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• SilverminoSilvermino Member Posts: 34 ✭✭

I was there for 28 weeks in 63 at Microwave Radio Repair school

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think its around anymore. I believe they Army turned it over to NJ and they are using it as a economic development area like a lot of the old USAF Bases.

RLTW

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

Right Sam06. Same with my second assignment - Ft. Monroe, VA. I may go back to visit both. It's been 55+ years.

• rjm610rjm610 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

I was there in 69-70 (fixed station tech controller (mos-32 delta) school. At night I sold subs in the barracks out of my new VW bug. got drunk and fell in the ocean in january, almost froze to death. had some good times there while in school. Went from there to germany, Stuttgart/Patch barracks. worked underground in the war rooms. 2500 officers and 300 enlisted.

• conniieconniie Member Posts: 1

I went to school there almost 9 months GCA I was there when MLK was killed.

Close to NYC, Asbury Park

Did GCA at Ft Huachuca

Went to Viet Nam crossed trained to SLAR worked on spy planes OV-1

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum connile. This is a great place for info concerning firearms and much else. Sometimes it get a little rough so you need thick skin. I've been here a long time and look forward to the next day's posts. As I said, I sure would go back to visit NJ & VA but with the price of gas I would need to sell my truck!

• fatcat458fatcat458 Member Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

ln 1975 the US Army Signal School moved to Fort Gordon Ga. Fixing to get a name change l hear🤬

• drafteedraftee Member Posts: 27 ✭✭

Fort Monmouth 1968- 10 week Microwave operater course as a draftee. Hold over for 6 weeks then Vietnam. Departed army Sp/5. Visited Fort Monmouth summer 2019 the new barracks are still standing, but fenced off. the old part of the fort is being converted to condos & townhouses. Smoke Signal is gone. A whole lot of memories there.