In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shipping ammo to New York State?

AdrielmotaAdrielmota Member Posts: 1

Is it still a huge mess to ship ammo to NYS? There seems to be a bunch of confusing red tape and I'm just curious if anyone here does it frequently that might share their experience/advice?

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

We've had this NYS question pop up several times, but there has never been a definitive answer. This is what I think applies to the Empire State.

You cannot ship ammo to New York City, Buffalo, or Rochester. Buyers living in one of these cities will need to have their ammo shipped to another location inside the state. The New York SAFE Act prohibits shipping ammunition directly to consumers in New York. If a buyer lives in New York the seller must ship the ammunition to either an FFL holder or a registered seller of ammunition who will transfer the ammunition to to the after complying with the other portions of the New York SAFE Act...whatever those might be.

I wish that I could say this was 100% accurate, but I can't.

• Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******

Your reply is correct, Mark. Ammo can only be shipped to an FFL or licensed ammo dealer in the People's Republik of New York.