In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of pair of Colt Cowboy .45LC,5.5, Stag grips, 1999

bonshaw54bonshaw54 Member Posts: 2

I have a pair of 1999 Colt Cowboys - matching - non-consecutive serial numbers ("0" plus four digits both less than #TF02500 and difference of 869 serial numbers), plus a beautifully tooled rig for them. I understand the Cowboy was made from 1999-2003 although I have not established how many were manufactured, so these are first year. Excellent condition. Looking for opinions on current price. Not sure I want to sell but could provide pictures if I decide to. Appreciate any input - have reviewed some prices on GB but difficult to value pair with 869 serial number difference, the stag grips and the rig.

Comments

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭

Just looked up some of the sold ones and I am telling you I would sell them now as the market seems real HIGH. With the fake case coloring and it is a virtual cheapened copy of the SAA and bringing as much as the real ones. IMO only I don't think the serial numbers would add any value. Might sell the stag grips aside from the pistols, as with the holster rig. And I would sell the pistols' separately especially if you had the boxes ect. IMO I think you would realize the maximum that way. If you are a NEW seller, right now there are many scammers on and I would wait and buy a couple things quickly to get some feedback. Been buying, selling here for over 20 years and my advice is worth the time I put up posting an answer to your question. Good luck.

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

I agree with the Grasshopper 100% which shows how smart he is.

• Options
    bonshaw54bonshaw54 Member Posts: 2

Appreciate the info

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭

OR you could send them to RIcci Wright the above poster who can get the most out of them who has quite a following of buyers without all the hassle for a small fee. That would be another good route.

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭

IMO the serial numbers being so far apart won’t bring any more money. But it’s a crazy gun market right now. If those are real stags and not fake, toss in the rig and you should have no problem getting $1600-$1800 to the right buyer(mainly someone looking to get in Cowboy Action shooting. My friend bought one brand new in 2002 and paid around $600. The Colt Cowboy was unfortunately a flop for Colt and doesn’t bring as much as a SAA.