In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

M-1 Garand ?, Mark

MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******

what can you tell me about #17,657; coming up at a local auction this week-end. sorry, no pix

Thanks

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

Probably produced around October, 1939. This would have been a gas trap rifle, so the key here is whether or not it was converted to gas port (as nearly all early rifles were), or if it has been restored. If by some chance it remains original then it's worth mid-five figures. There are many parts unique to these early rifles, so without looking at it is impossible to say more.

• MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******

thanks, I'll know more Sun. at the auction. I figured it was originally a 'gas trap' from the ser. # but no pix at all

• MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******

well, finally got a 'look' at it............cpm 'rack' grade condition, rebuilt at least twice (6/48 barrel date)

final price was $1,800.00

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

I knew it sounded too good to be true (they always do!). Mike, I'm glad you followed up on that. Somewhere out there is a hall closet that holds a mint and all original gas trap rifle just waiting to surface.