In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cash app, payment confirmation

EichlerEichler Member Posts: 1

Hi, I'm trying to buy a gun. The guy won't take a card. He said get the cash app and send payment confirmation on the memo. Is this common? Is this a known scam? What stopping him from taking my money and not sending what I bought? Thanks so much! - Paul

Comments

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Not a Damn thing except his rep. Look at his feedback.

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin

You did not already bid on and win the firearm, did you?

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

Let's see the auction and go from there.

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

People using the easy way to get payments are a flag to me, unless it is a credit card. There is too great a chace for fraud. You also KNOW you are busting their terms of use. Do you think they will help is the sale goes bad? I doubt it. The above post shows the money ex-changers are ANTI-GUN with strict policies on no guns so why bother?????????????

• SJRERICSJRERIC Member Posts: 3

I used paypal once and sent a cashier's check another time but both were only about 100 bucks, felt like a gamble both times and both times things went wrong, first time usps lost my check for a week and a half but the seller was cool about it and eventually got it, the paypal purchase the item was lost by ups and never turned up, seller made a claim and refunded me fortunately but now I'm stuck with a won item in my gunbroker that I cant get rid of and the seller cant cancel without marking me as nonpaying bid winner or something