In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Right to carry

BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

They are probably just whizzing into the wind but it is good to know who your friends are. Bob

Comments

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭

and your enemies who despise the Second Amendment in its entirety: DEMOCRATs

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

It will take more than just The Republicans to save the 2nd amendment.Your conservative Supreme court? Nope! They will watch the demographics of the voters and it's not swinging our way as of now. Each new mass-murdering of innocents by stupid idiots will be like a stitching seam being untied for The progressive Democrats to demand change now.

serf

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭

Any 'gun rights ' movement springing up currently is suspicious to me. Certainly, it should be considered as a 'possible source' for compiling information and identifying "insurrectionists and dissidents" as defined by the fraudulently emplaced governing party.

There are no longer any "rights" guaranteed by the Constitution after the 2020 election was allowed to stand and the fraudulently elected candidate sworn in as President. Not until we can be assured that elections are truly honest should we expect anything but disdain for the Constitution from our government.

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin

I agree with Mobuck. Add to that, with this above mentioned movement, anything Mitch is involved in is highly suspect. Mitch IS NOT a conservative, nor is he a friend of the Constitution or your guns. If Mitch is supporting this, then there's something in it for Mitch. Also did not Cruz bail on Trump at the last minute when the wheels were coming off, or was that some other supposed stand-up "conservative"?

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Democrats and Rino's were in on it together.. now they are trying to make their selves look good for votes..

• Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭

...They all just need to stay out of my backyard...carried for 20+ years with a CHL...as of Sept.1st in Texas, no license needed...Texas will join several other states not requiring a license to open carry...and I just paid to have my license renewed days before the Governor signed the Bill allowing open carry, no license required...I have never open carried, always carry concealed...I see no reason to let any possible "bad guy" know I'm carrying...I'd much rather surprise him...

The right to carry, no problem? The right to carry an assault rifle with a twenty round magazine is another whole matter.Look at California and most of New England gun laws AS your guide,

serf

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭

"The right to carry an assault rifle with a twenty round magazine is another whole matter."

There's a big difference between what's 'legal' and what's socially acceptable. In Missouri, I can carry a rifle legally many places in which it would be considered 'socially unacceptable' and subject to arrest not because the act is illegal but on the basis of disturbing the peace. That's the 'fly in the soup bowl' when it comes to carrying a firearm openly.

And, BTW there are darned few 'assault rifles' being carried ANYWHERE by civilians in the US of A. Most are locked away with their NFA paperwork close by.

edited August 2021

Yep your right but don't think the anti gunners don't know how to attack and win your compromises to them. Remember, when it is socially unacceptable, does it not mean it's not your right?

Divorce was once that way, and now it is common among the best of the bible thumpers. It could go the other way for gun rights.

We will never be able to stop random idiots abusing their rights or politicians with our freedoms intact, and there lies the Enigma of gun control as well as divorce. Immorality is our problem, and mankind will never be able to solve it with written words enforced in law. Thus, we have gun ownership as a tool to feed blood to the tree of liberty. Black and white always makes gray.

We are still just babies in the cradle, and how long can WMD's stay in the genie's bottle? Not long with them in The Middle East.

So what is the worst firearms with we the people or Nukes and biological weapons with politicians with nations? Ask the genie? Your actions are louder than words? There is the genie, It's in your collective mind?

serf

• Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭

...Good on Cruz!...

...For as long as I can remember, any long gun has been legal to carry openly here in Texas, long before CHLs for handguns...in small towns you can still see rifles/shotguns on a gun rack in the back window of a pickup, not as often as years ago but still see 'em, its not unusual...BEFORE the internet, I was really surprised years ago when I heard about the restrictive gun laws in different states...vote these idiots out that support these laws...I'd move to another state before the city or state tried to restrict my gun righte...in Texas its pretty much a "death sentence" for politicians that support such crap...